Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Yahoo Site Match or Yahoo Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a new site that I want to include in Yahoo. But I'm not sure which program to include it in: Yahoo Express (Directory) or Yahoo Site Match ("Web Results").

If I choose their Directory, it's $299 just to be reviewed, with no guarantee of inclusion.

If I choose their Site Match it's about $39 per web page plus a 0.15 charge per click.

Here's my dilemma: I think I've put together some good SEO-optimized pages, so I can get decent rankings with either program. And when I look at Yahoo Site Match (which leads to their "Web Results"), it looks like that is the access that most visitors will take. In other words, if you go to Yahoo's main page, whatever you type in to search for at the top of that page, then hit the "Yahoo Search" button, will lead you to their "Web Results". This seems like the most natural route for visitors.

If a visitor wanted to search a Directory, they would have to search that Directory first, then sub-directories, etc., before finding what they want.
The more pages they have to filter through, the less chance of being found.

However, some of the Directory results are also displayed in the "Web Results".

Anyway, long story short, is anyone out there experienced enough with Yahoo to give me a recommendation?

Thanks,
Tom

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you could also submit your site into the directory for free, just find an area of the directory that allows you to do this. What is your site about? Most sites can be submitted for free to Yahoo just by finding a category which can be submitted into for free, that the site might be a part of. Otherwise, just get your site into www.dmoz.org and yahoo will add you from there.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't support Yahoo's new site match.... it's ridiculous.... $39 AND they want to charge you per click.... yeah right! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom