Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Yahoo's answer to Google Gmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using Yahoo email for 5 years now. I really don't have any major complaints. I always thought the free service of course didn't give enough space, so I had an upgraded account. 25mb of storage I believe.

Anyways, I went to login to my email account this morning, and am being forwarded to another page. Check it out:

Your Extra Storage service is now
Yahoo! Mail Plus, for the same low price!

Thanks for being a loyal Yahoo! Mail user. To show our appreciation, we've expanded your Extra Storage service to include all the benefits of Yahoo! Mail Plus – at no additional cost*!

Here are just a few of the things you'll love about Yahoo! Mail Plus:

-Virus cleaning from Norton AntiVirusâ„¢
This powerful tool helps protect you from dangerous viruses.
-SpamGuard Plus
Our personalized spam filtering system learns what you consider spam and diverts it to your Bulk folder – so you can focus on the messages that matter.
-No graphical ads
When you're using the Yahoo! Mail web interface, your experience will be even more enjoyable.
-POP Access and Forwarding
For anytime access, download your Yahoo! Mail using your desktop email application (e.g., Outlook Expressâ„¢) and view it offline.
-Virtually unlimited storage
A whopping 2GB means you should never have to worry about managing storage again! Keep thousands of messages, photos, and documents – think of it as your online archive.
-And much more!
Thanks for using Yahoo! Mail, and we hope you enjoy the additional features now at your fingertips. For more information on your service change or on how to cancel, please visit our Help page.

I wonder if they somehow noticed all the Gmail invites I have been recieving...lol.

At any rate 2GB of storage will be hard to beat :approve:

Don't you just love the internet! :cheeky:

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit. This service is sweet! I have over 1600 messages stored, and I am only using 1% of my storage :-O

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I plan to sign up today.

Thanks for the tip NetProwler.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure Gmail will match it or beat it very shortly, perhaps even 5 GB of space! Isn't it good how G made the other free email services wake up and give more!

Already have 30% of my 1 GB Gmail space occupied by more than 50,000 spams in less than 1-month.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got the same thing today. 2GB of storage space.

I have tons of emails sitting there, and the counter shows 0% used :)

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I am sure Gmail will match it or beat it very shortly, perhaps even 5 GB of space! Isn't it good how G made the other free email services wake up and give more!

Already have 30% of my 1 GB Gmail space occupied by more than 50,000 spams in less than 1-month.

That's one thing I never had a problem with. I get about 50-75 spam mails a day. 99% of them go right to my bulk folder, so very few slip into the good mail. I would say that is an excellent % for an email address that has been kicked around the net for 5 years :approve:

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
Yeah, I got the same thing today. 2GB of storage space.

I have tons of emails sitting there, and the counter shows 0% used :)

You can thank the Google Gods for that :)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the 2 GB at Yahoo (I have a paid account), but the new interface really sucks. I'm glad they got rid of graphical ads.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:
I like the 2 GB at Yahoo (I have a paid account), but the new interface really sucks. I'm glad they got rid of graphical ads.

I agree, the ads did suck. Especially some of the popup types.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:

Yup agree. Google sure did wake everyone up :)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
freestyler said:
Yup agree. Google sure did wake everyone up :)

I have 120 gigs of mail space :cheeky:

than again, i only use about 20 megs.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:

Warning: Don't let your account fill up. They haven't worked out all aspects of dealing with an almost full or full account. I filled mine to 102%, then up to 120%. There are a few open issues, but the worst one was I was locked out of my gmail account for 2-3 weeks until they finally did something to let me in.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bocajohnh said:
Warning: Don't let your account fill up. They haven't worked out all aspects of dealing with an almost full or full account. I filled mine to 102%, then up to 120%. There are a few open issues, but the worst one was I was locked out of my gmail account for 2-3 weeks until they finally did something to let me in.

I also was wondering about that. 2-3 weeks is a huge dissapointment :emba:

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
I have 120 gigs of mail space :cheeky:

than again, i only use about 20 megs.

Geeze Luc, you should be offering free email accounts to us, since you have that much space :-D

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a funny one for the yahoo vs. Gmail discussion.

I just sent a Gmail invite from an Gmail account that has only sent a couple of test emails. The invite was sent to an old YAHOO email address I use quite frequently. I've been waiting for it to show up. Guess where yahoo put it? Right, they routed it into my Bulk Mail folder!!! let the games begin!

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a paid account - a 25 MB extra storage account. Now it's 2 GB.

Competition is good...

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bocajohnh said:
Here's a funny one for the yahoo vs. Gmail discussion.

I just sent a Gmail invite from an Gmail account that has only sent a couple of test emails. The invite was sent to an old YAHOO email address I use quite frequently. I've been waiting for it to show up. Guess where yahoo put it? Right, they routed it into my Bulk Mail folder!!! let the games begin!

lol, that's where every single one of mine has been going also :eek:k:

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
windyreddy said:
I had a paid account - a 25 MB extra storage account. Now it's 2 GB.

Competition is good...

Yeah, it's definately a nice LITTLE increase :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom