Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Yes or No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please post your opinion on whether you believe Platinum Member Profiles is a value adding category to DNforum.com.

Your input will help the restructuring efforts. Thanks.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't say I've ever seen the point...

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get rid of it.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EVOLVE the feature into something more useful. Don't just ditch it, I think it had a smart useful intention to it... one that may be better served in a different way.

You know what, how about this... LINK the Platinum Profiles underneath the user's avatar or something. Make it easy to get to. One of the biggest problems is visibility in my opinion. With over 300 platinum members and over 70 profiles, its tricky. It'd be nice if maybe the SEARCH screen allow you to SEARCH Platinum profiles or something.

Basically I dig the exposure it represents, it could just be opened up more.

~ Nexus

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*sob*

this was my idea....I deserve your praise, lol

DITCH IT!!!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
The Platinum Member Profiles were started as a means to advertise "yourself", what you do, domains for sale, etc. Since we are a tight-knit community and we all pretty much know where each other resides, I think this forum is pointless. I have never looked through them.

Scrap them.

We have an advertising forum.

-Bob

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
ditch em.

Dude. With all those crowns, you just have entirely too much time on your hands. :laugh: You are the video game master. :veryangry

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes or No. What do you think? I think it is repetitive and not necessary. Are you with me?

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted my profile there.

And so do many (most) platinums.

I vote to get rid of it. (Save some mysql query) :-D

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Useless. Those who buy and sell already know each other in here.

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's value entirely depends on our own participation.

If we all put some "about me" kind of information there, it could be a good tool. No, I am not saying we all put our parole oficer's contact numbers or finger prints over here. ;) Just the info you would want to relay to a prospective buyer about yourself or your business practices. If most members don't care to put anything in there, however, it would certainly be a waste.

I liked the suggestion that Nexus made about putting a link under Avatar. That would be a neat, quick way to learn more about a member. When I joined this forum not too long ago, I leafed through quite a few of those profiles to get a better feel of the crowd I was hanging out with.

Sure the veterans here know everyone, but you have to look at it's (potential) value from a new member's perspective. just my 2c.

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Platinum Member Profiles were started as a means to advertise "yourself", what you do, domains for sale, etc.

Which still sounds like a great idea. All that seems to be lacking is member participation.

Since we are a tight-knit community and we all pretty much know where each other resides, I think this forum is pointless. I have never looked through them.

Useless. Those who buy and sell already know each other in here.

Bob, Edwin, and other DNF Veterans,

You folks have apparently been here at DNF for a lenth of time that may require carbon dating to measure. Of course, you folks know everything about everyone over here DNF, including their multiple personalities.

However, for the new folks (and hopefully there wil be more as DCG launches his membership drive), this could be a quick way to find out more about their fellow domainers at DNF.

Heck I don't have enough DNF, otherwise I would have given away $100(DNFbucks) to every member that touches up his/her profile.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SlashRoot.Com

Which still sounds like a great idea. All that seems to be lacking is member participation.

Bob, Edwin, and other DNF Veterans,

You folks have apparently been here at DNF for a lenth of time that may require carbon dating to measure. Of course, you folks know everything about everyone over here DNF, including their multiple personalities.

However, for the new folks (and hopefully there wil be more as DCG launches his membership drive), this could be a quick way to find out more about their fellow domainers at DNF. I would say don't ditch it, develop it.

Yes or No is all we need. :huh: Thanks for your input. :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ClassicNames.com
Yes or No is all we need. :huh: Thanks for your input. :)
I think I read "post your opinion" as different from "cast your vote" as well. Didn't take your subject line as anything except a subject line. :)

My vote is YES. Although it looks like the "No" vote has it, I don't agree with the rationale for the no's.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom