Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yet Another Ebay Domain Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5717908477

And I tried talking to him:

Me: hi, since when domains that end with an hyphen are allowed ?
Him: I'm not sure when they were allowed on certain sites. Some sites (I know Yahoo) do not permit registering names ending in hyphens. I used Aplus.net
Me: This doesn't depend on "certain sites". ICANN prohibits such names. Moreover, Aplus.net somehow shows that the domain a-.com is AVAILABLE. Do you know where can I do a "whois" on a-.com ?
Him: I registered it 3 days ago. Maybe the site hasn't updated such yet. I am sorry, but I do not know where you can do a "whois" on a-.com.

I also talked to aplus.net (his registrar) who of course said such names aren't allowed.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed the high bidder to explain that fact to him

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like Aplus.net need a rocket. I bet the guy's out all the reg fees until they get round to refunding him. I feel sorry for the guy -- he must have thought he'd become a millionaire overnight. Well spotted, madcamel.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Seems like Aplus.net need a rocket. I bet the guy's out all the reg fees until they get round to refunding him. I feel sorry for the guy -- he must have thought he'd become a millionaire overnight. Well spotted, madcamel.

YUP WITH THOSE SWIFT APPRAISALS FOR HIS NAMES :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom