Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

YO.com $60,000 DigiPawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Annonces.com
("Classifieds" in French) €55,000 = $65,554 Sedo
2. YO.com $60,000 DigiPawn
3. Rod.com $30,250 SnapNames

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=99860&highlight=yo.com

Man I would have thought YO.com would be worth a lot more then 60K. I PMed Baxter7 asking to broker it, but he did not want to as he said it was worth 500K, but now he pawned it to digipawn? One guy with a simular name told me he wanted it, but the 500K price tag was a little much.

Domain Days 2024

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which is why pawn shops thrive. People need some quick cash and get generally 25% of it's cash value with the intentions of getting it back. If their bad luck continues which happens more often than not the pawn shop wins. If they do happen to get it back the pawn shop still wins because the interest return for a 30 day loan is probably as much as the average return in a year for any bank, stock etc.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=99860&highlight=yo.com

Man I would have thought YO.com would be worth a lot more then 60K. I PMed Baxter7 asking to broker it, but he did not want to as he said it was worth 500K, but now he pawned it to digipawn? One guy with a simular name told me he wanted it, but the 500K price tag was a little much.

It looks like Slavic owns Yo.com, at least that's the info I get when I Whois.

It could be that for domains like this, Rick trolls his network of buyers and asks them what they would pay for the domain at a fair mid-reseller price. Then, he drops the number he will put up to the person pawning in relation to what he knows he can get for the domain. When and if that person defaults on their payments, wham, Rick goes for a quick flip to a buyer he has already negotiated with.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt he will lose the name for 60k..its worth twice that on a bad day and another loan could be used to secure it in a worst case scenario..just my wooden nickel.. :eek:k:

Chris

*IF he did permanently "sell" it for that amount and doesnt get it back, he must be on a crizack binge to sell it for 60k

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually i think it was an okay deal, sure if he waited several years on sedo he MAY have sold it for $250,000 + but if he wanted the cash fast, even if he offered in here how many do you think would have offered over $60k?

We don't know what the prev owner of yo.com did with the $60k! for all i know his $60k could now be $150,000 if he spent it right!

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
actually i think it was an okay deal, sure if he waited several years on sedo he MAY have sold it for $250,000 + but if he wanted the cash fast, even if he offered in here how many do you think would have offered over $60k?

We don't know what the prev owner of yo.com did with the $60k! for all i know his $60k could now be $150,000 if he spent it right!

Agree totally and i think its only worth 50-60k,so yeah he got a good deal !

The motto is "horses for courses"

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yo is also Spanish for ME. It would make a great Spanish portal.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
Actually, yo in spanish means "I" not "me." I'm sure that's what u meant, right. :wink:
If someone asks who wants the last piece of cake, you say yo, while you can't say I. But you already knew that yo means both of those words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom