Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

You have to hear this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right post..but you have to hear this one. I'm a rookie and today was proof.

I thought I would put "Z67.net" for sale on EBAY since most of the people in this forum thought it was only worth the reg fee..

I list it on EBAY 2 days ago.. Today I get an e-mail from a company that looked me up on WHO-IS and wants to make a deal with me to purchase it. They stated that even if its not for sale they would like to hear back to make something work out.

The darn think is on EBAY right now with a $5 bid :dead:

I forwarded the guy to the auction and said "Today is your lucky day..you can grab it cheap on EBAY"..

What else could I have done? I already had a bid on it.

Just goes to show there really is no telling who wants what in this business. (hahahahaha) :clown:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. I guess I've told this story before, but here it goes:

I once had a domain name up for sale here. A member (or ex-member) made the highest offer (some $70 or $99, forgot) but then he decided to back out, making some funny excuse. I then posted that name in a web hosting related mailing list, and you know what: within a week, it was sold for $1,000!

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried explaining the whole EBAY routine to this guy. He has no idea what I'm talking about. Apparently, he is still asking for a "appraisel certificate" that the "experts" told him to ask for before making his final offer.

I am kicking myself %+|

Just think..the guy on EBAY who is currently the high bidder for $5 will be in for a surprise. :santa:

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Apparently, he is still asking for a "appraisel certificate" that the "experts" told him to ask for before making his final offer."

He's trying to scam you. He probably suggested a few services to get appaisals at ... right? This scam has been around for years.

Shaun

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL! :)

Yep.

Tell him to buy it on ebay.

He wont.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
I tried explaining the whole EBAY routine to this guy. He has no idea what I'm talking about. Apparently, he is still asking for a "appraisel certificate" that the "experts" told him to ask for before making his final offer.

I am kicking myself %+|

Just think..the guy on EBAY who is currently the high bidder for $5 will be in for a surprise. :santa:

Take the auction down off Ebay, and say that it is no longer for sale due to a sale outside of Ebay. If you need an appraisal certificate, I'll give you one from NICValues.com for free, a site that I just launched......this is a business make your money!

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
Take the auction down off Ebay, and say that it is no longer for sale due to a sale outside of Ebay. If you need an appraisal certificate, I'll give you one from NICValues.com for free, a site that I just launched......this is a business make your money!

nicpal ... this doesn't change anything ... he doesn't need an appraisal certificate .. he needs a "real buyer". I think he alraedy has a fair appraisal of the name on Ebay .. $5.

Shaun

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
aactive said:
nicpal ... this doesn't change anything ... he doesn't need an appraisal certificate .. he needs a "real buyer". I think he alraedy has a fair appraisal of the name on Ebay .. $5.

Shaun

That's a pretty crappy scam. People must be desperate theses days...

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys are right..Since he is trying to scam me I'm going to post his letter for all to see:

Hi there,

My name is James Brown. Our company is a domain investor. I wrote you 24 hours ago but did not receive a reply. Perhaps, there were some communication problems between our email servers.

After doing a keyword search I have found your domain for sale. I've decided to contact you direct via email. I've found your email address via WHO IS.

Is this domain still available for sale? Even if it's not for sale please let me know.

If it's still available for sale please email us your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address confidential.
Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,

James Brown

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

TV Slave

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LETTER #2:

Is it a developed site or just a domain name? We are mostly interested in domains without web content.

I need an appraisal before making an offer.

Our partners (webmasters and domain owners) always recommend us to verify an independent appraisal first. It would be fair for both of us.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that I don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals. It can be an appraisal certificate from http://www.FastDomainSales.com or http://GreatDomains.com or http://www.HollywoodDomains.com. It does not matter because they were recommended to me by experienced experts.

After I receive your appraisal I'll make my offer.

How do you prefer to get paid: PayPal, check or wire?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

James Brown

CEO

MCSD, MSCE

TV Slave

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your CEO probably only owns one of those companies and my guess it is the one with the cheaper appraisals as thats the obvious choice for one that goes ahead with this.

-=DCG=-

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Basically, he saw the ebay auction and knew you'd be keen to work a deal
with any buyer.

I've had a few of these emails, they used to put www.rock.com in the sig so you
think they spend millions on domains, but then they say that's just their email host.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here, recieved at least 4 of these emails, the rest I put a spam filter on...

Watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom