Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Your Directi .in, .co.in pre-registration list

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked some of my names that I pre-registered with Directi but was unable to acquire because of their "undisclosed" allotment policy. Found some interesting things in there.

I ordered .in and co.in versions of some names with Directi. Most of those names that I pre-regged which Directi (and they acquired), I only got .co.in versions of them. In some unlucky way, I didn't get any .in versions of those names. Tough luck, I thought. Well that doesn't seem to be the case. I recently checked the whois on those .IN names and many of them were regged to a single individual. What I mean is that I see a few individual names out there that were luckily alloted the .in versions of most of the names that I ordered. Seems suspicious to me, because their address is Mumbai based, where Directi is located. There is no way to determine if these individuals work for Directi or not.

I am still not alleging anything right now, but just wanted to test my hypothesis. It would be great if you guys can check your pre-reg list with Directi and find names that Directi actually acquired but didn't allot you the same. In case, this seems like too much work, I am ready to do the grunt work here as this is my quest. So it would be helpful if you guys can send me the list of all the .in and .co.in names that you ordered with Directi which they acquired BUT you didn't eventually get it.

Thanks in advance.

FusionX

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FusionX said:
I just checked some of my names that I pre-registered with Directi but was unable to acquire because of their "undisclosed" allotment policy. Found some interesting things in there.

I ordered .in and co.in versions of some names with Directi. Most of those names that I pre-regged which Directi (and they acquired), I only got .co.in versions of them. In some unlucky way, I didn't get any .in versions of those names. Tough luck, I thought. Well that doesn't seem to be the case. I recently checked the whois on those .IN names and many of them were regged to a single individual. What I mean is that I see a few individual names out there that were luckily alloted the .in versions of most of the names that I ordered. Seems suspicious to me, because their address is Mumbai based, where Directi is located. There is no way to determine if these individuals work for Directi or not.

I am still not alleging anything right now, but just wanted to test my hypothesis. It would be great if you guys can check your pre-reg list with Directi and find names that Directi actually acquired but didn't allot you the same. In case, this seems like too much work, I am ready to do the grunt work here as this is my quest. So it would be helpful if you guys can send me the list of all the .in and .co.in names that you ordered with Directi which they acquired BUT you didn't eventually get it.

Thanks in advance.

FusionX

FusionX,
Like you, I pre-registered for both .co.in & .in and got most of the .co.in
and some .in
http://www.apnaguide.com/seekin.htm.
I think DirectI used the first come first served policy.
I was a day late in pre-registering as DirectI had some bug in their pre-registration process and the help desk ticket had turnaround time of 24 hrs. Plus the time difference.

I manually checked the ones I lost out and DirectI did register and most of them seems to be legitimate. I am talking about the premium ones, I lost.

Example.
City Names are registered by Stop N Shop Travels Pvt Ltd
Financial Names - Sri Securities and Investment
Shop, Mall etc - Jaipan Teleshoppe Pvt Ltd
Ads and Classifieds - Dharmesh Shah

Moreover, during pre-registration there was more demand for .in than .co.in .
Hence, the Germans took over the premium .in .

I heard someone in the forum was able to register by hand stock.co.in .
I do not regret not getting the premium .in , but I am little disappointed in not getting
Business.co.in , India.co.in , Bollywood.co.in

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a2zofb2b said:
FusionX,
Like you, I pre-registered for both .co.in & .in and got most of the .co.in
and some .in
http://www.apnaguide.com/seekin.htm.
I think DirectI used the first come first served policy.
I was a day late in pre-registering as DirectI had some bug in their pre-registration process and the help desk ticket had turnaround time of 24 hrs. Plus the time difference.

I manually checked the ones I lost out and DirectI did register and most of them seems to be legitimate. I am talking about the premium ones, I lost.

Example.

Moreover, during pre-registration there was more demand for .in than .co.in .
Hence, the Germans took over the premium .in .

I heard someone in the forum was able to register by hand stock.co.in .
I do not regret not getting the premium .in , but I am little disappointed in not getting

Business.co.in , India.co.in , Bollywood.co.in

An NRI in Singapore- lucky,lucky,lucky- very lucky man.

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of the .IN names that I registered went to individuals/companies based in Mumbai. I emailed the owners with a desire to buy the names, but the emails bounced. I called them up and the number was wrong. I reported the matter to directi, they are yet to get back to me on this.

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a2zofb2b said:
FusionX,

Example.

Interesting to note that none of these domains have valid nameserver.
I thought nameserver info was mandatory.

Some examples:
Loan.in
Chennai.in
Ads.in

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly I suspect there is something really strange going on with all the Directi regs. However, my mails to the new owners (regarding interest in buying the domains) didn't get bounced as was the case with Manish. But most of these names being registered to really lucky individuals from Mumbai has got me thinking. I would love to get a list of Directi employee names and their family members for further checking.

I pre-ordered most of the names during the first few hours of the start of the pre-reg period. Still losing out on most of those names doesn't really make sense to me :(

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am yet to get a reply back from directi regarding fake whois. Currently I am fighting to get back the money I paid during pre-registration.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any further info on this I also smell a rat?

I did put "one name" with the" reg owner" + "directi" in to Google- it did come up with a match, strange that he/she also owns a directi. tld!!

Doing a bit more research but it looks like it is all being swept under the table- assuming anything to sweep that is!!

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have now emailed some of the "lucky" - all Indians, with top premium names asking if they are for sale and prices etc.

Not one bounced out of seven and only one reply, Music.co.in , wanted 30,000 euros :clown:

Won't be long before the 60 days is up and then we can see what movement takes place.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to keep this alive until the whole thing is satisfactorily resolved d:)

I believe that the owners of Directi.com are members here on the forum perhaps you could give us an explanation of how the "premium names" were allocated when the proposed auction was blocked.

Particularly interested to see how Cricket.co.in, India.co.in, Jobs.co.in, Business.co.in were allocated? They are not even parked, perhaps the owner does not realise what he is missing :rolleyes:

Anybody else interested or should I just let it drop :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom