Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Your domain site

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how many had a domain for sale site. Would love to look at your site if you are willing to share.

My new and HEAVILY under construction is my new name.

Anybody know of a directory of said sites?

TIA.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a good clean look. Is that done with a plugin.

You can see my site at firstplacenames.com that list is done with a plugin that I've left the link though its no longer supported.

I can live with the look but I which I could think of a better way to do some categories and "sales" page. I'm trying to be very active buying and selling but trying to make sure the site is current.

The functions are all there in the templatepedia theme, but lose much of what I need as I'm trying to add some content to promote my site with of course, not just names for sale.

Thanks for your reply.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My siggy has my site,.. I am months off of getting it right,.. months off of finishing my biz plan,... but there it is anyway.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had domain site from 2003-2004 and decided it wasn't worth keeping... And just by coincidence I sold the domain name this month to a domainer... It was a nice site, but it took way too much of my time and the return I got from it was ZERO... MUCH MUCH better to park your names and be contacted via the parked page.

If you want to go to Archive.org and take a look at it, send me a PM and I'll provide the domain.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check out my new site VinsDomains, which I launched last week. Promoted it via twitter and have already had three offers and one sale. not too bad. thanks for looking.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vins, Thats what I'm talking about! A good looking site with promotion. Had you been buidling your twitter account prior?

Assuming your names are pointed to site.

I want something of that quality. I have some plans for promotion that should bring some sales, but would prefer a more professional looking site. I ended up changing my name, which just not doing back flips over the new one, old one didnt feel right.

Hate to promote a site I dont just love, but thats likely better than no promotion. Got a bit more work to do on the site, but really need to decide if I launch and redesign later or.....I'm not embrassed by the current site, but its a far cry from something I'm proud of.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've had urlpick.com since 2002 and i hand-coded a one pager in notepad for domainsupermart.com

design on both ain't the best, but urlpick makes $$$ a year in adsense, which pays over the cost for renewal and hosting.

rarely updated, but still get referrals and inquiries, has some pr, links and is google/dmoz listed.

though as Raider alluded to, it may be better to just park your names, as maintenance of these sites takes time, and time is money.

you'll have to decide whether to have traffic from all/most names directed to your sales site or park/develop some and just use the site as a listing.

imo...

wanted to add in here, that i also use urlpick to host my mini-sites.

examples:

urlpick.com/recyclableplastics.html < recyclableplastics.com
urlpick.com/reusableconstructionmaterials.html < reusableconstructionmaterials.com ** 1st page in Google
urlpick.com/wheat.html < wheat.biz

above i redirect the .com/.biz to their respective pages.

Last edited:

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. I think Twitter is a great tool, as is Linked-in and other social platforms for selling domains, if you take the time to accumulate a following. With Google Analytics, I can see that my tweets promoting a particular domain for sale are getting folks to visit that domains page. I'm in the camp of not putting adsense on my domain listing site, although there are some affiliate adds there. The majority of my names are also parked with for sale banners, although the parked income generated only pays for renewal fees for less than a dozen names in a year. In any event, VinsDomains was easy to put together using this awesome plug-in, which is only $25! Check it - you'll be glad you did. Just find the right theme that works well with it. I'm using the highly recommended Genesis with a Focus child theme - studio press.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As far as where you point your names, That I would think depends on a lot of factors. I tried parking once, on some lower names that just didnt make sense else where. I failed but of course I didnt ever really promote.

Well to me ads can help a bit, but yeah I'm not sure about adsense. The CPC shows high but it doesnt have much luck for me. If I can build a site that doesnt look like it needs something or my products to promote I will surely switch over.

Well it is a pain to always keep updating my site and inventory, but thats why people come back.

Thanks for the plugin link, I will look into it. AS I'm starting to think I really dont want to spend 4-5 hours playing with the current design knowing I need to change it. Also dont know if I want to switch designs after (if ever) I have traffic.

I mean how many domain sites do you see coming soon, nothing new in a year, that type thing.

Thanks for the input dners, others?

reallife

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to leave my 2 cents, I just redirect the domains to the offer page in Sedo instead of the parking page (try www.rapeseeds.com to see an example). I never got much out of parking and this way the selling happens more (which is more important to me). I started doing this since the beginning of the year (which can take some time to set up once for each of your domain names, depending on your number of domains), but I have over 14 sales this year because of it - including a number of low type-in traffic sales. Sure the Sedo commission can be slightly higher, but at least the names are selling.

I may still set up a landing page of my own (something similar to Sedo offer page OR http://informationprofessional.com/sales/offer) but that will take time to optimize and improve over time. Sedo makes it easy for me (yes, I am lazy).

Hope this helps anyone.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
14 sedo sales in a year is damn good! Yeah not a huge fan of their landing page, switched to another a bit ago because it was CLEAR the name was for sale.

I worried about it for a bit but just decided anyone with money for the domain would see the this name for sale section.

I have been trying to gather info from clicks versions, for sale page and sales, but LOL dont have enough sales figures. Far short of 14 sedo sales for me.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
different format than most for sure

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is looking good 4u

Thanks!
Only bought it two days ago.
Got a couple of my domains on there.
Every time I visit the site there is often a new listing, and certainly the viewing count is active.

Need to stick all my domains and sites on there over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom