Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Your favorite movies so far in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What movies have you watched/are you looking forward to this year? Which was your favourite? I did not have a chance to watch anything but now have some spare time and would like to ask members opinion. I like European movies as well, not only Hollywood blockbusters...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to the theatre to see a movie in such a long time

but I saw "RED" the action/comedy, (Featuring: Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren ) a few weeks ago and saw the previews of RED2, coming out soon

so maybe that will be a good one to watch

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jug Face (it's weird but I liked it because it was different)
Prometheus (last year, I know but it was awesome)
Star Trek - Into Darkness (better than expected)
After Earth (it was okay)
MaMa (it was okay)
42 (it was awesome)
Warm Bodies (better than expected)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Flight. I thought it was gonna be about an airplane crash, but turned into something totally unexpected (if haven't watched it). When I go to the theaters, I can only make out the name of the movie and actors in Katakana (Japanese spelling of American names that sound familiar). I'll watch a movie based on a picture and a whim... I know I could IMDB it, but I still watch B rated movies... so paying for the experience of a $18 movie ticket, $9 soda and American dog with 2 hours freedom from the family is always nice... no matter what the movie is. ;)

I'll have to check out the rest of the movies. I saw previews for Oblivion in the last movie I watched, it looked alright... although the voice over is in Japanese so I didn't fully understand the concept of what was going on (though the actual movie is in English with Japanese subtitles).

Warm Bodies was alright, but seemed like a copy of I Am Legend (Will Smith, 2007) with a teenager target audience to it.

Edit: Sorry, Flight was a 2012 movie... but released here in mainland in March and Okinawa in May 2013 (according to IMDB). :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you liked Oblivion, check out the less known but highly-acclaimed 'Moon'. It's brilliant.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Subscribed to this thread so I can watch them all. I'm a real movie buff and probably seen a lot of these, except Japanese titles differ sometimes. For example, Seeking Justice (2011) was called Hungry Rabbit over here. :)

Will check out streaming Netflix or Hulu now that it's available here... though I think there is still a delay (I presume they want to make as much money domestically before releasing it internationally).

Netflix may not be, but with my servers increased bandwidth, there's always the VPS workaround. ;)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Conjuring, Flight was good too. Just seen Ted, didn't think it was that funny. Also seen The Call, interesting concept, a few brutal parts that weren't really necessary, other than that, decent flick.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ted is a 2012 movie :p
I liked it, it was - well - different, g*d d@mn it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom