Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Your favorite registrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now I am using a few differnet registrants.

I am on godaddy.com, domainsite.com, enom, domainspring (godaddy.com reseller) and a couple others.

My question is this:

What is your favorite registrant?

I would like to centralize all of my domains through one registrant for easier access and modifications, and I have quite a lot of domains to centralize.

I heard that moniker was good, and that 1 and 1 is cheap, but I am not sure if I can trust these "cheap" registrants. I also do not trust yahoo's 2.99$ domains or registerfly's 1.99$ .com's because there has to be some strings attached with those prices.

Also, anyone have good experience with godaddy.com's hosting?

Domain Days 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you mean registrar.

I am my favorite registrant ;)

As for Go daddy's hosting the hosting is fine the support is horrible.

I had 4 servers with them and shut them all down not becuse of the servers but because when I had support issues, they were useless.

-=DCG=-

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
I would like to centralize all of my domains through one registrant for easier access and modifications, and I have quite a lot of domains to centralize.

While it is easier. I think the normal investing rule applies. "Never put all your eggs in one basket."

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol. Yes I did mean registrar. Silly me.

Also, I thought about that statement, and using different registrars, but with all of the domains I work with, I think it is just more practical to place them all under one registrar.

I do like godaddy.com's domain interface, and the new account manager feature they have is pretty nice, but you are definitly right. Their support is crap.

I emailed them with questions on more than one occassion and I got an autoresponse each time. After responsing to their autoreponder what did they send- but another autoreponse.

I like their service, but their support is a joke.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
Call them next time

I called them many times and I was even what they called a premium clinet and the support still stunk.

-=DCG=-

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me Fabulous.com wholesale account has been the best , especially support.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To pick one registrar as your primary home, we would need to know your
ownership plans.

If you plan on selling domains frequently and quickly.

Enom, Godaddy and Moniker.

If you take the position of "buy and hold" with your domains.

Moniker, Enom and Godaddy.

If you have highly valuable domains, Moniker should be your top choice.

If you looking for price, there are tons of choices.
But, you get what you pay for.

There are a lot of phantom registrars that have "zero" customer support.
They are strictly registrars created to catch domains during drops.
Transfer domains out of them on day - 65. (Do as I say, not as I do.)

DCG has good prices. And, you know where to reach him if you have a problem.
(That is one of the reasons why Monte is so popular.)

Remember, you are entrusting a registrar with your assets.

I find I lose the domains that are scattered all over the place.
So, consolidation is the best strategy.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did give godaddy.com a call, and still it was like I was talking to a personl who had just learned what a domain was.

As far as registrar's I do like godaddy.com's interface, but their support really sucks.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
As for Go daddy ... the support is horrible.
Yes, GoDaddy sucks big time. They messed up their own databases, sent my domains to other people's accounts, and I had to fax over paperwork to prove my ownership before getting them back. And I was even on their shortlist of customers whom they sent to a local Arizona newspaper for interview. I still miss when I was able to speak directly with their domain manager (who still worked there last I checked) and worked things out on the spot, but that was many years ago.

AmericanBulldog

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker.

They also offer better pricing if you are going to do any volume. Service is great.

Godaddy hosting had issues a couple of years ago, they blocked googlebot to save bandwidth and many sites dropped out of the index. I keep my hosting apart from my registrar.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I keep my hosting apart from my registrar".

That seems like an excellent idea, but I can't help but think that if you registered domains and hosted them with the same registrar that maybe you would get easier support?

I may be way off on this one, but just a thought.

Also, doesn't moniker have a hard(er) transfer process than godaddy.com?

As far as I'm concerned enom is by far the easiest, since there is no real "process" invloved. Domainsite is also pretty easy, as all you need is someone's account number to initiate a transfer. Godaddy.com is nice, but takes longer than both, and moniker I don't know anything about.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
That seems like an excellent idea, but I can't help but think that if you registered domains and hosted them with the same registrar that maybe you would get easier support?
What makes you think so? Actually the risk of messing up both probably outweighs any convenience that may come with it.

By the way, Tucows/OpenSRS is by far the most transfer-friendly registrar.

rtonia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namecheap rocks! Wouldn't mind paying a couple of bucks or cents extra to reg a name with them. I have even been transferring out a couple of names from other registrars as their support is horrible and I couldn't get what I wanted with them. Godaddy is just horrible. PacNames...well...it's been more than 24 hours and I am still waiting for a reply on just a simple question. Who needs a support when everything works as I need in a clean, simple, unclatterd interface at NC.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're constantly moving domains around and making changes: eNom
If you're holding the domains and slowly developing: Moniker

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is my preferred registrar of choice. 1&1 does not offer the push ability, so it's value is not value at all, but an inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom