Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Your next favorite ccTLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand .US duck, but what do you like about .nu?

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind being the owner of brand.nu

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I understand .US duck, but what do you like about .nu?

I like Dot-NU for a few reasons: I remember when dot-nu names became available to the general Internet. There was moderate promotion. I was attracted to the 'NU' concept, the Scandinavian endearment, and this:
http://www.nunames.nu/about/about.cfm

I reg'd a several generics including Fitness.nu, but let them go, because I saw little, if any, resale market.

The only one that I kept is God.nu. GOD Knew. For development or sale, whichever comes first...

Only GOD Knows, but at the rate the world is going, I might be developing it pretty soon - gulp.

They are still around and there are still good names if you like the NU concept - it's personal.

quack :D

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think those Iranian domains will be HOT! Especially girlsinburkasgonewild.IR

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would go for:

.om
.cm
.co

in this order.

Why? I think this should be clear to everyone here.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.us, but hey, I'm just another American.

As for .eu... last time I checked the European Union wasn't an actual country. To insist that it is and that it deserves it's own cctld is ludicrous, that is unless each state in the United States or province in Canada was to get it's own cctld. Or if each member of the EU gave up it's cctld for .eu, then I'd understand.

The question is something like this: what are you, German/Italian/whatever or European Unionish?

How's that for a rant? :) No offense of course.

I second all of that.

And i'm german.

.eu is soo not neccessary.

In the long run (read: when all the speculative registrations will not be renewed anymore by their owners) it will be obvious how much of a flop .eu is.

What all the .eu speculators and the i-invested-quite-some-in-doteu-so-i-better-believe-in-its-success pro .eu people don't seem to get:

As a country, we already have a long established extension (in my case .de) and we're happy with it.

I bet this applies for any other european country just the same.

Oh btw - of course my preferred cc next to .com of course is .de

:)

namegamer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely seeing more demand for .us and like it very much, but I think the greatest potential in the next 3-5 years will be the .cn extension. The potential of the Chinese market in all economic areas has to have the most upside from current levels. Such a small percentage of a huge and starting-to-prosper population base is online with so many people getting ready to join them.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't get the Canadians upset by leaving out .ca

We don't anger easily, but when we do... :boxing:

.ca by far and away for me to answer the question. Our country is strong, healthy, growing and our economy is steaming along producing year over year budget surpluses. Estimates may soon show Canada is not only sitting on the largest reserves of clean water in the world, but also the largest oil reserves. We are at peace with our neighbour who just so happens to be addicted to our oily drug.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would love to have some .ca's in my portfolio, but being British living in the UK there is no chance of that, but WhiteBark is totally correct on his analysis of the economic strength of Canada (even my wife spends money in Canada buying their national gemstone - ammolite!).

My personal favorite of course it goes without saying is little .St. It has now made my portfolio show a profit. But I cannot wait for Eritria's .er to eventually come on line, I just hope its priced sensibly. Who knows when I sell the States I might see about becoming the registrar! (OK, just dreaming.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom