Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WARNING: Chris Gough, itwiltshire.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you do NOT accept any bids/offers for domains from a Chris Gough of EX ITWiltshire now of
Green Square Group ,Wiltshire. He bid on and won a domain at domainlore in an auction that I had paid to run
and yet then failed to respond AT ALL to 3 emails that I sent to him and failed to pay. He has only now emailed me as said he does not want the domain and considers matter closed. Clearly not a person to trust and who fails to honour contracts he makes.
Chris Gough http://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisgough1

DG

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can understand you wanting to alert the community.

though, if you haven't already....perhaps this should be addressed to the folks who run that auction platform.

if you have communicated with them, what was their response?

if you "paid" to conduct this auction, then what is "their" responsibility/obligations, if any, to ensure transactions are completed?

just saying...

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On this particular auction site i don't think there's any obligation whether you are the buyer or seller, so just get over it and try again! But I'd deffo send an email over to the admin to make sure he gets some infraction points!!!!

vaby42

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
where you put the auction ???????????????

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Information from domainlore website.

Bidding on Domains

You must be a registered user to bid on domains. By bidding, you are stating that you are ready and willing to purchase that domain name for your bid amount, plus pay domain ownership transfer charges to Nominet (which is historically being paid by a buyer) and Escrow fees if you believe you must use that service. If you are outbid, or your bid does not meet the seller's reserve price, you are under no obligation to buy. But in all other cases, you are entering a contract with the seller to buy the domain name and to deliver payment within the time period specified. If you can't pay, on time, don't bid! Your bids are final and non-retractable.

Resolving disputes

Domainlore members are expected to conduct business with the honor system in mind. All members in good standing have shown their integrity by registering, and following through with any commitments they have made. But we are all human, and mistakes and miscommunication can lead to disputes. If you find yourself in a situation where you and another member are at a disagreement, contact us. While we cannot promise a satisfactory resolution, we will try to contact both parties and help mediate the situation. Any illegal activities, violation of a contract, or outright statements of falsehood should be reported to us immediately. The DomainLore staff will cooperate with any law enforcement agencies if needed, and will at the least terminate the offender's membership.
With our long experience in the industry, we have found that most UK domainers are exceptionally honest, and trustworthy people. We are extremely confident that members of the Domainlore Auctions will behave in an honest manner, and be able to resolve any minor differences by themselves.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They, DomainLore, were not interested and simply referred to their rules that say if it is "sold" then there is no refund of the fees .They seemed uninterested in assisting.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Waste of time and havent got anymore time to waste. Not happy with domainlore but you learn by these mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom