Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed rims.us to be developed

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rims.us

Just acquired!

Not looking to sell, planning to develop.

Interested in an appraisal as I develop.

"rims" in overture returns 131,000 searches and over 30,000,000 google results

There have been some high generic .us sales recently including models.us, jew.us and football.us all in low-mid $xx,xxx range.

Thanks.

Domain Summit 2024

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What does it mean

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ColdGin,

There are several different products reffered to as "rims". The most popular being car rims or wheels. Other popular rim searches are chrome rims, spinning rims, custom rims, truck rims and many others.

A few big rim manufacturers are Momo, Giovanna, and Konig. There are many many others. This is a huge industry. Some rims can be as big as 24 inches long. Rims are one of the most popular aftermarket items for cars, and not cheap!

The phrase "rims" seems to be very popular in the US thus the quality for .us extension. I am not sure what other countries refer to "auto wheels" as.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the high .us sales you are referring to had very motivated buyers and cannot be compared to your domain. Nevertheless its a good one word .us, i dont know how much it will be worth developed of course, but the name only I would think has a value somewhere between $200 and $500

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainah,

Thank you for your appraisal. I agree that the top .us sales should not be used for a reseller comparison. Isnt it possible that an end user may also be highly motivated considering the money in the rims/wheels industry? I do not think it is as good of a keyword as the three I mentioned above, but all considered, maybe a similarily motivated buyer/end user could lead to a higher price in the future. Time is to tell?

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainah,

Thank you for your appraisal. I agree that the top .us sales should not be used for a reseller comparison. Isnt it possible that an end user may also be highly motivated considering the money in the rims/wheels industry? I do not think it is as good of a keyword as the three I mentioned above, but all considered, maybe a similarily motivated buyer/end user could lead to a higher price in the future. Time is to tell?

well, realistically, there were 3 or 4 .us domains that sold for a high price, out of 300.000 good dictinary words or phrases (not even counting all the BS words) , meaning the chance that you can sell one random .us for that much is 1:100.000 per year, I think the fact that many people refer to those sales even without knowing what else might have been involved is killing negotiations very frequently due to unrealistic expectations

Expirepro

Expired DN Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
develope this name and watch it grow,a fantastic Dot US catch,This is definatly an end-user buyers market,Dev it...Wait for that corporate buyer at 2 to 3K imo.

Good luck with it!

Nolz91

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like this name! Right now it may not bring the "big money"(x,xxx-xx,xxx). But with shows like MTV and PIMPMYRIDE, "rims" are big part of pop culture here in the US. Every teen that gets their first ride wants to put "rims" on it!

I say develop it into a wheel shop, or wheel forum, wait, and watch the offers come in!

Good luck
just my two cents.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a good keyword, but with the ext to match I don't like.. Build it up, sale some rims, brand it. Then it could be worth a whole lot more.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the opinions.

I agree development into affiliate or partners with a rim company would be best. May not be worth selling if the brand catches. From what I hear you cant get a decent set of rims for under $1000 minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com