Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Anyone use TobyClements to market/sell domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

untitled

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sold domains on TobyClements.com?

I ask because I recently sold a domain for quite a low price $x,xxx and this transaction is taking over a month to complete. I accepted the offer late October. They do not respond to e-mails, nor update me regarding the transaction. Overall, it's turning out to be a horrific experience as a seller. Instead of mediating as the broker, and helping both sides out to make the transaction as smooth as possible, they are are delaying the transaction for over a month. And to make matters worse, there are no updates on what's going on. I have to constantly e-mail them and ask about the status, and if I'm lucky I'll get an e-mail once a week. They are risking of losing a lot of sales this way.

I have not received the money for the sold domain, and the domain has been pushed over a week ago. The longest brokered transaction that I ever had with another broker, was for $xx,xxx and it took 3 weeks, but the communication was excellent.

I can understand them buying busy, but there is absolutely no reason why they can't update their clients, especially in on-going transactions. As of now, I do not recommend using their services. I will update you guys on the progress, perhaps in another month this will be wrapped up.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used them not long ago.
It took a long time to complete the transaction after I pushed the domain to the buyer.

Also at some point, there must be have been a problem with the E-mail, because I noticed I was no longer receiving their newsletter either.
I suppose the mail was spamtrapped somewhere so I had to whitelist their domain on the mailserver. That did the trick.
Toby did reply to my E-mails even when on the move but sometimes it took a while to get a reply.
Tried to reach him by phone a couple times but no luck - I always got VM :)
Same with his assistants, I understand he was reorganizing things and getting rid of some people...

Toby gets the job done, but there seems to be organizational problems. I have experienced delays that were unacceptable imo.
I was hoping things would improve a little bit.
Be patient and keep us updated.

untitled

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, doesn't look like things have improved. I have not received any kind of update since the domain was pushed, and it's been over a week. I sent countless e-mails with absolutely zero response. I'm beginning to doubt this whole newsletter as a whole, hopefully it's not some kind of scheme.

If it is in fact legit, this may be my first and last transaction with them.

untitled

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After almost two months since the offer was accepted, I finally received the money. No one really took responsibility for the delays, so I'm assuming this is how they do business. Hell, they even asked me if I wanted to pay a $20 fee to get a same day wire transfer.

While the money was received, I still would not recommend selling/marketing your names there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators