Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How about a section for Brand and Development Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all:

I've started a bunch of companies in my day, and for me it's always been about branding: a product name that says what it is and that can become an icon, e.g., my magazine Villas spawned the acquisition of villas.com and the rest of my villas portfolio. Quite frankly I am struggling to sell the portfolio when, if I could find a way to get it out to the retail market, it would move to someone who knows a brand name when they see it.

The same goes for names that can be sold easily to developer mavens...if they only knew that they were available to purchase.

Why then, are we all here trying to move these golden names to each other, instead of the broader retail market. It seems to me that we are all wholesalers and resellers here on DNF, when what we really need is to attract end users who will pay end user prices. We are operating in a closed economy, all of us dealers selling to ourselves for a fraction of the retail value. Trouble is, very few of our names ever get out to the retail market.

And, it's no secret that the retail world is not even aware of the "domainer" world. Every time I log on and scan what's for sale, I say "damn, that's a hell of a brand name! Shame the branders never see these."

So, Adam, how about some sort of penetration into the end user marketplace? You've certainly got the connections to make it happen. Surely, if anyone can pull it off, you can.

I'm talking about something a cut above the usual outlets, like, SEDO, BuyDomains, Latona, TRAFFIC, etc., etc., ad nauseam...

In the meantime, how about a section for good, solid, out-of-the-box brandable, developable names...with some outside coverage to bring in the punters?

Just a thought.

All the best,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators