Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Has Anyone Here Tried Using a Press Release Service to Sell Domain Names

Hibye

Level 2
Reaction score
I am thinking of using a Press Release Service to list all my Domain Names I have available for Sale on Godaddy. Do you think this is a Good Idea or Waste of money?

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i think it depends on:
the quality and price of the domains, the press service used, how many people will read it-
and of those how many will know what a domain is, and out of those how many will be looking to buy one.

imo...

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
General press releases are almost dead these days. People keep using them for seo purposes and for raising their profile/image.

Though, if you have a specific niche domain name > then probably targeting the niche news websites would be a good idea.

All the success!!
Helmuts

namegulf

NameGulf.com Domain Marketplace
Reaction score
Real press releases, like in the name it's post release. An acquistion, sale or merger, etc.,

Most serious and noteworthy press releases won't even accept a domain listing as a press release.

Have you tried Domain Marketplace(s) like ours?

The key is quality of the domain (short and memorable better), reasonably priced & the right TLD to get a faster sale.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Real press releases, like in the name it's post release. An acquistion, sale or merger, etc.,

Most serious and noteworthy press releases won't even accept a domain listing as a press release.

You are making a very, very good point.

Yes, the main idea of press releases is: they have to be "newsworthy"

Hibye

Level 2
Reaction score
I should add that the major purpose of my press release

Elmore.AI Brandable Elmore AI Artificial Intelligence Domain Name Plus many Premium .Com Domain Names Registered by MickeysDomains.com Available for Purchase (Processed through Godaddy)​

is to spark interest in my Elmore.ai domain name which in my opinion is incredibly brandable. As far as the rest of my domain names, probably not, but I thought I'd give it a try for $92 or so. The Press Release comes out this week.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I should add that the major purpose of my press release

Elmore.AI Brandable Elmore AI Artificial Intelligence Domain Name Plus many Premium .Com Domain Names Registered by MickeysDomains.com Available for Purchase (Processed through Godaddy)​

is to spark interest in my Elmore.ai domain name which in my opinion is incredibly brandable. As far as the rest of my domain names, probably not, but I thought I'd give it a try for $92 or so. The Press Release comes out this week.

Do you really need a press release for it? Of course, you can do one. Still, you can use DNForum and some other domain name forums that allow advertising .com names that are for sale.

.. there is a structure to a press release that in your case probably isn't needed.

Nevertheless, it can't hurt :) So, if you have time and energy for it > do it.

All the success!

hacxx

Level 2
Reaction score
In my opinion, how i would do it...

1 - Create a list of domains for sale.
2 - Paste on pastebin site and collect the raw link.
3 - Add PayPal link at the bottom for fast purchase.
4 - Link the raw pastebin link to the press release.

spotlightdomains

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Mickie Kennedy, President of eReleases.com. I would caution against using a press release service to market all your domain names for sale unless the information is newsworthy. The media typically does not respond well to blatant promotional content. Press releases should ideally offer valuable news or insights that would genuinely interest a media outlet’s audience. As gatekeeper, the media determines what is worth sharing with their audience. It's important to consider whether your release adds value or if it's purely promotional, as the latter is often seen as less credible and may not generate the desired results. Having checked out your website and shared idea, I would say keep brainstorming before proceeding with that initial concept.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Mickie Kennedy, President of eReleases.com. I would caution against using a press release service to market all your domain names for sale unless the information is newsworthy. The media typically does not respond well to blatant promotional content. Press releases should ideally offer valuable news or insights that would genuinely interest a media outlet’s audience. As gatekeeper, the media determines what is worth sharing with their audience. It's important to consider whether your release adds value or if it's purely promotional, as the latter is often seen as less credible and may not generate the desired results. Having checked out your website and shared idea, I would say keep brainstorming before proceeding with that initial concept.

Hi Mickie, nice to meet you.

@Hibye was asking: "I am thinking of using a Press Release Service to list all my Domain Names I have available for Sale on Godaddy. Do you think this is a Good Idea or Waste of money?"

Question: have you seen in your history any good way on aschieving the goal of writing a good press release that promotes domain names for sale? .. any ideas?

Best wishes! Helmuts

p.s. maybe you could be interested in a test case study? .. I could get you some great names worthy of press releases (not mine - I happen to know many brokers and domain investors in person).

hacxx

Level 2
Reaction score
Hi,

Don't agree, is an easy way to monetize on any niche.

hacxx

Level 2
Reaction score
Hi Mickie, nice to meet you.

@Hibye was asking: "I am thinking of using a Press Release Service to list all my Domain Names I have available for Sale on Godaddy. Do you think this is a Good Idea or Waste of money?"

Question: have you seen in your history any good way on aschieving the goal of writing a good press release that promotes domain names for sale? .. any ideas?

Best wishes! Helmuts

p.s. maybe you could be interested in a test case study? .. I could get you some great names worthy of press releases (not mine - I happen to know many brokers and domain investors in person).
ChatGPT.

Hibye

Level 2
Reaction score
I actually sent out 2 different press releases with 2 different companies & it was basically a waste of time & monet. The places I used were 24-7 press releases and EIN Presswire. Maybe you'll have better luck.

hacxx

Level 2
Reaction score
I actually sent out 2 different press releases with 2 different companies & it was basically a waste of time & monet. The places I used were 24-7 press releases and EIN Presswire. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Can you publish the sites? If you don't value the time wasted you can use pastebin sites.

Hibye

Level 2
Reaction score

If you want my specific press release I'll provide the Link if this forum allows me to. Just have the noderator say OK.

Last edited:

hacxx

Level 2
Reaction score

If you want my specific press release I'll provide the Link if this forum allows me to. Just have the moderator say OK.

Thanks, i'm always looking for websites to include in my tools and will use both.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom