Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

-------

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
Is it possible to renew names that just expired today? I don't use DS as much as others, so I'm not too familiar with the interface. Does DS not have a "grace" period like other registrars?

No grace period. Deletion upon expiration.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you may want to try to renew it anyways. i have one with them that expired on 9-3-05 and it is still registered under my name--the coding on whois says: pending delete restorable

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok; keep us posted on what they say; it will be useful for all who use them.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same problem here. they're gone :-(

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email them. I think they charge $20 to renew expired domains - but don't quote me on that :-D

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
Email them. I think they charge $20 to renew expired domains - but don't quote me on that :-D

quoted
:party:

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pending delete restorable - means the domain is in "redemption period"

They charge 90-120 for a domain in redemption. You may wish to email them for confirmation.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the point is, that happens after 30 days usually.
it shouldnt disaper upon the day of expity, or 'grace period' does not exist..........

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
the point is, that happens after 30 days usually.
it shouldnt disaper upon the day of expity, or 'grace period' does not exist..........

As far as the free .info domains are concerned, there are absolutely no grace period at DomainSite, i.e. on the date of expiry, the domain goes straight into redemption period.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSwans said:
As far as the free .info domains are concerned, there are absolutely no grace period at DomainSite, i.e. on the date of expiry, the domain goes straight into redemption period.

As I said, no grace period. But your post seems to draw a distinction between the free infos and the infos regged for a fee? Is this registrar now establishing two different grace period policies? This is the kindof thing that Enom etc are now doing with the regular registrations and confusing their customers. I believe registrars should all have one set grace period and stick to it. That was the intention at the registry level in the first place. To protect the customer. Now this so called "grace period" isn't so holy and the registrars are manipulating it to cherry pick names that they can then take control of and auction. They are now reducing grace periods (GoDaddy just went to 18 days from 41) and placing certain cherry picked names in what they call a "mock" redemption period and leaving the whois in the domainers name. Then they do their own ppc page and it appears that you are the one controlling the name. Believe me, it's not. You have just been de-graced.
Doc

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of all of the different rules these registrars want to establish.

It reminds me of how things were deteriorating about 3 years ago.
Until, Icann established a set procedure for expired domains.

I'm sure the only reason DomainSite is dropping the names is because they are
underfunded. And, they can't afford to float the money for a few days.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found this tidbit. But it's kinda confusing, although Doc said there's no grace
periods:

http://domainsite.com/glossary.php#Expiration

Expiration
The condition in which a domain name registration lapses. At the Expiration Date, the domain record is still available, and the web site and email attached to a domain are still functioning for a short period of time. If (approximately) 15-30 days after the Expiration Date an expired domain registration is not renewed, the domain name will be deleted from our database and from the Domain Name System (DNS), terminating the domain record and the functionality of the domain name's corresponding web site and email service. After deletion, the domain name enters a 30-day Redemption Period in which the domain is held by the registry and the domain's web site and email are unavailable for use. Once the Redemption Period ends, the domain becomes available again for registration on a first come, first served basis.

You may rescue a domain from the Redemption Period by paying the central registry, through us, a $120.00 fee. We do not set the price of this fee, and must abide by it if we retrieve domain names from the central registry's database.

So which is which?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that really confuses the matter.
it looks like there is an error in their system and is removing from the account expired names.
I think regfly does this to a certain extens, but they have a tab fopr it where you look up your expired domains that dont show up in your account.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as the "free" infos

The following .info domains are scheduled for deletion from our database
soon. The names will be deleted immediately on the date before expiration
as specified below and you will no longer have access nor control over them.
There will be no grace period, domains will be deleted immediately.

For your countinued use of these domains they must be renewed before their
current expiration date.

You can renew these domains at http://www.domainsite.com, for only $7.99 per year.

jim

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just as a backup via email.

Hello,

All .info domain names are being deleted immediately upon expiration. If you
have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you,
Rick
Domainsite.com

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my phone conversation with DomainSite support last week, the "zero grace period" policy applies to all the free .info domains.

aleksus

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nominet makes domain name suspended in about 2 month after it's expired and marks it as suspended.

I have recently re-checked whole Nominet database of 2002 which
includes more than 3 000 000 records (it includes co.uk, lc.uk, me.uk, et.uk, rg.uk, td.uk zones)

There is a bunch of good-looking domains which are expired, suspended or detagged togeher with thoose which is just available ( about 45% of all records).

Im selling result's of this checking for 400$

If You are interested be the one of 5 person to whom I sell this results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom