Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

123reg.co.uk - avoid at all costs - read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quick update - I have been through their terms and conditions (ToS) and think I have nailed down the angle of attack!

Next stop, Trading Standards

Until the next instalment...

Domain Days 2024

regcheap

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have allways found 123-reg very good for .co.uk names, they are allmost allways registered instantly, however I have had a couple of problems, like someone said earlier, if the whois hasnt changed within about half an hour, you know theyve messed up, but you know they wont do anything untill the 48 hours it can take up to to propogate...

And their email support is awfull.

I regged a .co.uk that apeared in my control panel, but they didnt actually register, and it took them a week and a half to respond to my emails, asking me to email them back again with whois data so they can register it manuallly, another week later I had my domain.

Thankfully this has only hapened once.

On the up-side they are very cheap for .co.uk's - free transfer in and out and free accoutn push :-/

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
never had a problem with 123 reg, so I'm alarmed to hear about these problems.

Becoming a nominet tag holder is relatively cheap, so I expect that given these problems some of the people in this thread will want to investigate getting their own tag and drop script; certainly if one is registering 100's of .uk domains where 1 individual name is worth the thousands.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to be alarmed about 123-reg. The system usually seems to work well and if a name is very important then I would always try to register it through 3 companies and later go for any refund. It sounds as though customer services could be improved but if you just want to register a cheap .co.uk and forward the name, then 123-reg seems fine. It would be good if 123-reg could reassure us about the speed of the registrations.

regcheap

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah,

tbh, I don't know too much about how nominet works, and how you register names as a tag holder, I wonder if it would be worth a few of us clubbing together and getting a nominet tag between us for the purposes of registering our own domains ?

like I say, just an idea, as im not too sure how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom