Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

12K$ web design proposal - is it Reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, imo, ive charged UP THERE for a website like that.. Why?

The client wanted Hundreds & Hundreds of products added to the website (handbags, electronics, furniture, clothing, etc etc), as well as a very unique design. The site would have taken around 4 - 6 weeks to complete. And alot of that time involved working with the cart he wanted and customizing it so it'll work with his description and vision of the site.

I charged around 10k.. Yes, it was work and a reasonable price for the amount of time I would have had to put in for that time period.

He agreed, but I was then undercutted by someone who said they'll do it for $500, calling my price TOO high, he then stopped the deal with me, went with them.. Then at the end, he didnt get it done, because that guy backed out calling it too much work. Got in over his head.

Which ended in a person not getting his stuff done, cause I surely didn't take the job when he came back.

Domain Days 2024

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, you just said it- you had hundreds and hundreds of items to add- different labor scale- this has NO product to add, NO selling, NO cart- just corp info- and 500.00 for your project was too low!
yes, you get what you pay for- in anything in life- BUT, you also can pay too much.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, you just said it- you had hundreds and hundreds of items to add- different labor scale- this has NO product to add, NO selling, NO cart- just corp info- and 500.00 for your project was too low!
yes, you get what you pay for- in anything in life- BUT, you also can pay too much.

lol, I didnt read the whole thread, but if it has no products, no cart, no work basically, then forget the offer, simple as that

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey, Jermaine, do you have a portfolio? I might need a designer for one of my projects soon and I am scouting aroudn at the moment.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes South Tenn let's see.

Oh we all know the "some guy said he could do it for less'.

Run, don;t walk, from these people.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hardly ever take these type of jobs anymore, but for the people who don't get what my post is saying "His situation, and price quote, is obviously different from my past experience" , But, my post does give you insight on how 10k and up could easily be justified. And yes, some people do believe designers *overcharge* , and some people do it ridiculousy , but honestly, We all tend to *overcharge* just a little bit :cool:

and oh yea, I have no portfolio no more, I stopped doing big design jobs over a year ago.. But, Im capable of doing basically anything you see on a website if you just want an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom