Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$ 150 minimum comision for .mobi - change please ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is .mobi still in the category "other domains"?

You always pay minimum $/€ 150 comission!! Even if the domain is parked with sedo.

Example of SXE.mobi sold for $ 410. The seller pays $ 150 to sedo!
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=194622

SEDO:

1. Why is this gTLD not in the "normal" category? (together with .com/.net/.org/.info/ .biz/.us/.tv/.li/.be/.st/.dk/.de/.at/.ch/.name/.ws/.mx/.in/.cc/.to/.eu)

2. When will this change?

Thanks in advance

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I second this, since it's an easy push no auth codes no nothing really except checking the whois info and sedo thinks this is worth $150 commission?? Unless it's big numbers we are talking about if i get any reasonable $XXX offers i'm gonna have to turn it down, this is false economy sedo, i'm sure i'm not gonna be the only one thats thinking this way! lots of smaller sales are better for your business than 1 big one! Sort it out girls and boys!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo have just destroyed the low end mobi sale market (which is probably biggest, like all extensions $xxx low to mid) in one swoop.
Just like they have hammered .uk sales with silly fees. Nominet have finally seen the error of their ways & reduced transfer fees from £35 to £10.
When will sedo see the error of their ways. Surely more sales is good for them too?
Predator :-/

TcDa

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big-time ditto Pred.

:upset:

david4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Wierd on Sedo!!! anybody agrees?

I Totally agree. Wierd on Sedo!!! anybody agrees?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. $150 minimum means I would not sell a name for under $1000...totally destroys the sale of decent names that are not at the high end.

S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

The reason why .MOBI transfers have a higher commission, is due to the level of work involved in moving these domains from one account and/or registrar to another. Some larger registrars have locks in place that make it extremely difficult for account changes. We do adjust our commission prices if the amount of work changes, but until that happens, the minimum commision for .MOBIs will remain as is.

Sara

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The reason why .MOBI transfers have a higher commission, is due to the level of work involved in moving these domains from one account and/or registrar to another. Some larger registrars have locks in place that make it extremely difficult for account changes. We do adjust our commission prices if the amount of work changes, but until that happens, the minimum commision for .MOBIs will remain as is.

Sara

I did some push transfers myself and they were quite simple...!?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sara

Cr*p!
So it's tricky at godaddy & Moniker is it?, where the lions share are regged.
Sure some grubby little registrars cause hassle, but it doesn't matter what extension.
The most trouble i ever had was with sedo & trying to get an info domain from a German smalltime registrar.
Sara you're just giving us another stick to beat you with tbh.
This needs adjusting, & SOON.
I do note that your posts tend to be based on excuses rather than fact.
Predator

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sara unfortunately thats a load of rubbish, there's pretty much nothing for sedo to do except to check the whois every now and then. Come on we are all in the biz here, attempting to pull the wool over ones eyes just simply won't work! I just think Sedo are being greedy, pure and simple! Bleed the customer for everything you can. (I would too!!!) But thats not good for sustained growth or business! I may even take my .mobis away from sedo and park with someone else who have a more reasonable commision charge, for your comment there! We'll see if someone else would like to sell our lower end domains instead!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a few pushes which really could not have been easier...took seconds and no hassle...

Sedo, why not charge the high price on the transactions with the difficult registrars...which is very few? It seems that the same registrars will give you problems no matter what the ext.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sara, the answer is simple, list the registrars that cause problems and charge the 'premium 150 rate' on them! All other registrars would be charged the lower standard rate. In such a circumstance one or both of the following is likely to occur:

1) People do not register a domain or park a domain with an 'awkward' registrar;

and/or

2) Those one on the list of 'awkward' registrars would soon change their policy so as to keep business and thus allow fluid movement of domains.

Obviously the staff at Sedo know those registrars they consider awkward, so apart from typing in a little data this whole exercise should not take more than one member of staff a single day (that is allowing for that staff member to talk to all other staff members to make sure the list is a complete one).

Seems simple to me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sara, what is Sedo's commission for .GR domains?

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is telling us...´Don´t sell trough us´

PerfectNames

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sara, the answer is simple, list the registrars that cause problems and charge the 'premium 150 rate' on them! All other registrars would be charged the lower standard rate. In such a circumstance one or both of the following is likely to occur:

1) People do not register a domain or park a domain with an 'awkward' registrar;

and/or

2) Those one on the list of 'awkward' registrars would soon change their policy so as to keep business and thus allow fluid movement of domains.

Obviously the staff at Sedo know those registrars they consider awkward, so apart from typing in a little data this whole exercise should not take more than one member of staff a single day (that is allowing for that staff member to talk to all other staff members to make sure the list is a complete one).

Seems simple to me.

Fully agree.

In fact (unless Sedo have dramatically expanded the number of staff dealing with escrow transfers) the time it takes to get everyone's list of least favorite registrars should be a lot less than that. If staff can't readily recall those registrars' names then it can't have been that difficult can it?

Actually, why don't we make it even easier for Sedo - surely between us we can come up with a list of registrars that DON'T cause problems in our experience. Then Sedo may decide to announce say a 67% discount on escrow fees for mobi's listed at those registrars (unless they can cite evidence to the contrary of course, or simply think this will all blow over very soon anyway).

That way we can enable Sedo to save face here, and help them turn a clear negative into good news that may even be good enough for a press release.

Does anyone want to start the boll rolling (helping their favorite .mobi registrar get whitelisted)?

More specifically, would any recent sellers and/or buyers care to share the following suggested info :

a) How many .mobi transfers FROM the registrar you are proposing to whitelist have you been involved in?

b) Was it difficult getting the above .mobi's released, and (if yes) what would you rate the difficulty level at - say x/10 with 5 being the average difficulty of dealing with a .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.us/.tv/.li/.be/.st/
.dk/.de/.at/.ch/.name/.ws/.mx/.in/.cc/.to/.EU (yes, these are all on Sedo's list of tld's that attract minimum escrow fees of $50 - just a third of what they charge for "other" domains including .mobi, LOL)?

c) (optional) What is your rough estimate of time it would have taken a competent escrow representative to deal with any ADDITIONAL issues compared to .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.us/.tv/.li/.be/.st/
.dk/.de/.at/.ch/.name/.ws/.mx/.in/.cc/.to/.EU (LOL)?

d) (optional) If there were any difficulties, when did they occur? This is just to check if we are not talking about the well publicized initial teething problems at a certain well respected registrar.

That is of course, unless you actually like being charged a minimum of $150, and/or think domainers would just have to get over this one and/or learn to enjoy it.

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is just taking advantage of the fact that it's a new extension IMO. They know that there is going to be a high amount of sales so have boosted up the costs to make more profit, because they are getting greedy! If .mobi dies down a bit then i'm sure they will make the commision fee cheaper, but for now sales are strong with a good amount of mobis going to auction, so there is no need!
But it sucks, so I have decided not to sell there anymore. I took all my domains off last week.
I can't even see any point in making bids there anymore because basically every deal is gonna end up in an auction for the whole world to see, which means business privacy is ruined. The only time I will bid is if I see a domain going cheap in the auctions.

eAudible

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I'm out of sedo asap. I don't buy the BS.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have power!!!!!! :clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom