Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1994 generic domain lost in UDRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a total crock of shit, "Respondent owns 107 domain names, according to a reverse WHOIS lookup, might be considered a pattern of Respondent’s history of purchasing domain names and not using them for legitimate business purposes."

Since when is buying and selling virtual realestate (or parking them for revenue) not a "legitimate business purpose"?

Can we sue this idiot on the respondents behalf?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Chris, the defense was quite weak. The panelist apparently has some bias, would be interesting to see other cases that he ruled on.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read the complaint and response, I actually think the defense was quite strong considering his prior usage of the domain and the fact that it does not incorporate the actual entire mark of the complaintant. I am going to contact this guy and advise him of his other legal options, this is fooking ridiculous. Seems to be that Eduardo needed some extra taco money and likely got greased by the hair company. Remember, absolute power always corrupts! This decision, if upheld, would be terrible for the industry as a whole. Unbelievable.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh and just for shits and giggles, "Complainant provides evidence of its trademark registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) (Reg. No. 4,142,800 filed November 10, 2011, registered May 15, 2012)."

So they registered this mark YEARS after the respondent even acquired the domain name in 2007-2008.

:scratches head and laughs:

Really?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is scary. I wonder if the complaintant just refreshed the page until their ad showed up? How long will it be before a company bids on keywords for a site to get their own ads displayed so they can file a UDRP?

It's coming to the point where businesses will start to acquire each other for free though the legal process.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Complainant has placed a spectacularly high maximum bid of $2.74 to have its advertisement for absorbents displayed in response to Internet searches for the word “pig.” Complainant caused the display of its own ad on the Respondent’s website, and that such a result was entirely independent of any consciously directed activity of the Respondent.
http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/843597.htm

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That last one was a classic; John Berryhill is an absolute genius.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I second that, Berryhill is the man to go to in times of domain legal needs :)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this will be published on HallofShame.com, even though it's not a reverse domain hijacking case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom