Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

1and1.com = HORRIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

donkon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haha i agree 1and1 is one of the worst companies i have ever dealt with. Took me about 7 months to get my domain transferred to godaddy. It was an old domain i bought a couple years back and forgot that i even had it. I forgot my password for my account and the email i used, they gave me some much problems and trouble to recover my password. Also they said i owed them $5 from a long time ago (i thought domain would automatically expire, but it doesn't), so the bastards sent me to collections, those bastards where rude as hell, charged me $27, $5 for 1and1 domain and $22 for collections agency. Then i tried recovering my password I faxed them multiple id, they kept losing everything i faxed, i had to fax it about 3 times before someone finally got it. Then they told me to wait 2 weeks, i waited and finally contacted them. They told me they have nothing on account and don't know anything about my situation, needless to say i had to go through about 20 people and 3 months to get my password back.
Finally when i got my password back, i decided i needed to transfer it to godaddy, oh man, this was another horror. Took 4 months to get my domain transferred, same thing. Kept losing my domain, most of the time no one knew wtf is going on, always where surprised when i asked about the status of my domain transfer. Agh, one of the worst companies, if not the worst.

NEVER GO WITH 1AND1, there is millions of horror stories online about them

Last edited:

Aon21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't you just HATE "Me too" posts? Well I'm going to say it anyway, 1and1 are worse than NoDaddy (which for ME is saying something! ;) )

Marco

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll agree - 1&1 is one of the worse registrars out there, they only have two positives in my book:

1) Good anti-spam with their email
2) Free private registration.

One month they renewed about 30 domains of mine I wanted to cancel - I even did the correct paperwork a month early and clicked the confirmation link. Even after I proved everything they still refused to do anything about it.

A week later I had no domains with them - over 150 domains out of their systems AND a hosting account.

SNAP.

Same situation with me, transferring all domains away from them after they renewed domains I cancelled. Sent a complaint to ICANN, will see if anything comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom