Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2 character .org backorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if I was wasting my time and money with this. I have a 2 character .org backordered w/ GoDaddy, and I started to wonder if i will actually get the name, or if it will be gone forever due to the 2 character rule set up by ICAN?
Any thoughts from you Domain Gurus would be greatly appreciated!
it is set for delete on monday I think.
Thanks in advance,
Charles

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Waste of time it will not drop for re-registration.

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Waste of time it will not drop for re-registration.

Wow, thanks alot for your quick response Mr Webname!
I decided to call GoDaddy and ask the techs, I was a little surprised to hear him say that he had no idea of the 2 character policy, and that there shouldn't be any reason why I wouldn't get the domain for use unless someone else got it through another backorder service. He put me on hold to ask someone else, and came back with the same answer,,,,sooooo, I think for the 18.95 GoDaddy charges for backorders, I am going to let it ride, Vegas style,,haha!
let's see what happens,,
anywho, I have never won a backorder with GoDaddy anyway, so I am sure they will further their track record.
either way I will let you and anyone else reading this know the outcome.
please keep your fingers crossed for me!
:approve:
Thanks again!
Charles

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.pir.org/faqs/top_5#e

I have been trying to register a one-character or two-letter .ORG domain, but can't. Why?

Certain domains are to be reserved as per ICANN's directive. (See Appendix K.) The domains listed there, including all one-character and two-character domains, are reserved "from initial (i.e. other than renewal) registration within the TLD". In other words, should any of those previously registered domains be allowed to expire, or if they are deleted, those domains will be placed on reserved status and will NOT be made available to the public for registration again.

Like I said - waste of time!

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I must admit, you definitley have your facts straight, much more than the clowns at GoDaddy, or probably most registrars, or backorder joints!
I truly appreciate the time you took to get that info for me, although, believe me 100% when I say that I knew with your first response that it wasn't going to happen!
oh well, it kept me busy for awhile, thanks for your wisdom Mr. Webname!
Charles

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy knows the policy. they just don't want to have to refund your money--sad what some registrars will do for a buck.

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mark said:
godaddy knows the policy. they just don't want to have to refund your money--sad what some registrars will do for a buck.

Mark, That's what my thought was as well, he told me, "let me go ask someone else" probably smoked a cig, then came back with the "i dunno" answer, cheesy.
I sent them an email after that conversation, telling them that i would pull my domains and hosting, if they screwed this up, but, I am just a guppy, i have 6 names with them, 3 hosted, and 3 backorders, not too bad, so we will see.
Thanks for your input!
Charles

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a good point, it really doesnt do them any good and loses them potential revenue at the same time

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
What does ICANN plan to do with the one and two character names?

Why the heck do they need them?
Now thats a great question! i would love to know what they plan to do with those... :disappoin

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANN did this policy with all tlds under their control.
In fact, there is no such thing as 1 or 2 letter (or character) info or biz or us etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom