Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2 Potentially Laughable UDRPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh and Eric, you read that BS book John B recommended? :D

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasnt laughing at BS.com . The last ditch efforts of a victim. Very sad case :disappointed:

ELAINE MARIA

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Sir, are you a lawyer? This is no laughing matter. We purchased the domain fair and square and these people took us through hell, threats at 3 in the morning, threats in emails, e.t.c. They had 2 years to prove their ownership in Dade County Court and believe me they sold that domain! The domain was at Network Solutions for over a year before this whole caper started in 2005. They had over 30 "BS" anexe's in this Wipo/Udrp compared to our 8. Please dont point fingures when you dont know the whole story.
Here are the court docs. on Flickr.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27929627@N02/2604929178/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27929627@N02/2604099841/

As everybody already knows, the history goes like this, the domain was purchased by a man named Alpaslan Altunkopru and his partner Mr. Hakan Ozdemir (his email is [email protected])from a company called Get Useful or something in March of 2004 through through Afternic, after that, his partner Mr. Hakan Ozdemir purchased Mr.Altunkopru's share in the domain (his email is [email protected], it used to be [email protected] but you have to pay for that every year , as he explained, and he didn't renew the account and somebody else registered it). He transferred the domain to Godaddy. After a few months had passed (in June) the former owner is now saying that he never sold it but that it was taken from him (not true, since he tried 10 times to buy the domain back from Mr. Ozdemir by phone and email, but after 3 months of NO'S he figured Mr. Ozdemir was not selling, he goes to court) and sues EVERYBODY
smile.gif
, including Godaddy, Afternic, Hakan Ozdemir, and you would not believe it but he also sues' BS.COM as a separate entity.

The whole case goes on for more then 2 years when Mr. Ozdemir and everybody else finally receive a judgment from the judge that the case is dismissed in the middle of 2007, and after getting it out of the Godaddy, he sold the domain to us after 3 months of negotiations and we transferred it to Key-Systems. We wanted to do a Social Network-Blog site on various "BS" (bullshit) that you find around the net or some sort of British Sports site but didn't get around to it. My lawyer checked this whole thing out with everybody before we bought it, Network Solutions, Godaddy, Afternic, Alpaslan Altunkopru, my lawyer even went up to Dade County himself to get the documents that I put on Flickr. We never had any problems, emails, phone calls or anything after we bought the domain until we started getting threats from these Pick’s from Hungary to sell the domain back to them a few months after buying it. They even offered to buy it from us through www.escrow.com at half of what we paid for it , now does that sound like people who had their domain stolen? Im sending you the links to the respected Dade County Miami Court's and Judge's rulings, anybody can also discuss this case with the the clerk on duty at the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Miami-Dade County Courts, the number of the clerk on duty is (305) 275-1155. You can also enter the case number in their automated system and will hear that the case was dismissed. When the computer asks you for the case number it will ask only for the 05-12064 number since the last CA-01---SECTION 23 (2007) and the CA-23 (2005) are the same thing! And you all know the WIPO outcome. We had payment and document copies of swift transfers for all payments ever done and for all parties ever involved. I didnt want to write here, but it just breaks my heart to see this kind of "BS" concerning our domain after we had to go through all that.

Cheers

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm missing something here. Could you please try to fill in the blanks.
1. Who was the original owner of BS.COM
2. Who and when was it sold?
3. When did the case go to WIPO?
4. When did the case go to court?
5. What were the outcomes, and why?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sir, are you a lawyer? This is no laughing matter. We purchased the domain fair and square and these people took us through hell, threats at 3 in the morning, threats in emails, e.t.c. They had 2 years to prove their ownership in Dade County Court and believe me they sold that domain! The domain was at Network Solutions for over a year before this whole caper started in 2005. They had over 30 "BS" anexe's in this Wipo/Udrp compared to our 8. Please dont point fingures when you dont know the whole story.

First, I'd like to welcome you to DNF.

Now from reading your post, it sounds like you're the respondent (the current owner of BS.com?).

Fab - the second link in the OP is for the WIPO case / ruling on BS.com

Last edited:

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fab - the second link in the OP is for the WIPO case / ruling on BS.com
Yes I know I would like to get everything in order. I thought she was the complainant, but this is also something to clarify.

This is one super domain!

Just noticed this is her first post. I guess someone told her about this thread.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or she Googled the WIPO decision / domain. :)

From what it also seems, she is the respondent.

This also seems like a case of the domain expired but then the person who let it expire called it "stolen". You'd think if it was legitemately stolen that this would be going though INTERPOL or the FBI and not WIPO? So, either the complainant didn't go though those channels or they did and no wrongdoing was done.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both are great examples of really piss poor complainant-side lawyering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom