Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

20 % compensation, what a Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First the finalization of revenue for Dec 19, 2007 took very long than normal and then
Lost 30 % of Dec 19, 2007 revenue I got before finalizing when they finally finalize it and then got email from parked saying that they going to give me 20 % of revenue for Dec 19, 2007 as compensation, Interesting Math, anyone saw the same trend on their account? Or it’s just me

Anyway Thanks parked for compensation but I can see why a lot of domainers want more transparent in this industry, Hope something will change in this industry soon

Note: This is just my experience, I am not accusing parked for doing anything illegal but I find this data like a Joke

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do any other parking companies give any compensation for downtime? Not that I've seen.

My updated stats like yours for the same day also took a heavy hit, but that could just be coincidence. Looking at the other times they gave compensation the same didn't happen.

miraculix123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think 20% is really more then about 8% that you get in normal 2 hours (24/100=4,16 % per hour of a day, yes great math, I know :cool:)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They gave me 20% of an unusually good day for me ... still a tiny amount, but the principle is what counts.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and more when these 20% they give has not been earned by parked.com
As Roy outlines, this kind of courtesy is very rare.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
20% is excellent from an excellent company with the best parking options, landers, and service anywhere..other places don't give you squat and most suck to begin with or only pay you for one click like sedo/sucko.. For the first two posters in this thread to even make such uneducated remarks is really sad and you both must not make much money to begin with if you are b*tching that much about one day when they had technical problems...press on with life and thank God for parked.com! They are a ray of shining light in this industry! Thank you for my extra $xxx for the 19th from parked! :eek:k:

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked handled this incident very professionally. It's rare to find a company in this industry that demonstrates that they care about their customers. 20% is excellent and parked should be congratulated. :angel:

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
19 is by far the lowest day in over 30 days - i also again did not get any email from parked about compensation - i do not think it was added onto my account .

and yes , other parking companies namedrive and domainsponsor and even sedo give compentation.

thanks for NOTHING , parked .

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For a full day's downtime other companies match the highest paying day of that week.

i also again did not get any email from parked about compensation - i do not think it was added onto my account

It says it will appear in that pay period's total.

19 is by far the lowest day in over 30 days

Not nearly as bad as the last 2 days - 20th and 21st - for me :-(

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
20% for ~2 hours? I would suspect that Focus is quite right tonight, unless I'm missing something. My finals for the 19th and 20th seemed very unusually low, though.

Btw, here's what my email says:

The period of downtime was about two hours

Did others have longer downtime?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's odd because my revenue for the 19th is ok. But the subsequent 2 days' estimates are very low; and we know adjustment is always lower.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
20% is excellent from an excellent company with the best parking options, landers, and service anywhere..other places don't give you squat and most suck to begin with or only pay you for one click like sedo/sucko.. For the first two posters in this thread to even make such uneducated remarks is really sad and you both must not make much money to begin with if you are b*tching that much about one day when they had technical problems...press on with life and thank God for parked.com! They are a ray of shining light in this industry! Thank you for my extra $xxx for the 19th from parked! :eek:k:

many know that I don't publicly agree w/Chris here LOL but on this rare ocassion I have to FULLY agree.. My rev has been going up and up (some ocassional hickups but all good) + 20% courtesy compensation when SEDO i.e. yesterday was down and nothing was given out!!...

stop whinning, Donny is class 1 guy + has good team that takes care of domainers ;)

It's odd because my revenue for the 19th is ok. But the subsequent 2 days' estimates are very low; and we know adjustment is always lower.

generally speaking adjustment is lower but a few times seen it gone up exponential (especially c/c and financial traffic)....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All the advertisers bid much higher on the bigger paying keywords for the last 2 weeks or so to use up their remaining budgets for 2007, many of the bigger companies ppc bidding is going down right now in preparation for next quarter and ad campaigns are changing...we saw a HUGE spike this month and now it dropped..which is normal for December for those that know their PPC seasons! Can't wait for Jan! :eek:k:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Chris, budgets span fiscal years that start and end in October.

The industry is suffering because of big bully Google and evolution-inept Yahoo.

I'd love to see Microsoft come into play and scoop up the plate so that the other two gorillas shed some fur and start making attractive offers to the industry feeders, the domain owners.

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess this proves there are just some people you will never please. I thank Parked for the 20%. The way I see it they didn't have to give me anything. Even in todays modern world unforeseen problems do happen. Thanks Parked!!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, when companies ppc budgets for the day/week/month are used up because of increased traffic this time of the year and their ppc ads stop showing up then everyone else's ad click values under the same keywords go down because the other bidders automatically drop down to lower proxy bids by default, etc. etc. Like I said, me and many others had a big spike start-mid december, now a drop..then it levels outs and goes back up Jan...the holidays screw things up for ppc

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me explain what happened on the 19th. We have 4 routes into our data center and one of the routers from one of primary bandwidth providers freaked out. When this happened for some strange reason the other 3 routers tried to switch to the route that was having problems. It made no sense to me that something like that would happen but we had 1 hour 38 minutes of complete downtime and 33 minutes of downtime on just one of our clusters for a total of 2 hours 11 minutes of some downtime.

I announced that we would make sure that everybody was compensated for the downtime. Our plan was to take the highest grossing day of the week which was Monday and compare it Wednesday. If Wednesday was 10% less than Monday we would pay everybody 10% + an extra 5%.

On Thursday one of our providers changed their report format without telling us and we didn't download the final numbers for Wednesday until Friday. We finalized the Wednesday numbers and after the calculations Wednesday was 12.3% less than Monday, so we decided to just bump it up to 20% and pay everybody an extra 20% on top of what they earned on Wednesday.

So if anybody wants transparency, there you go. That is everything we did to calculate how people we going to be paid.

wolfis - You don't didn't get an email because your ISP blocks our emails. This has been going on for over a year now with your account. Maybe you should send something to your account manager and ask him what you were compensated.

Sorry I would have responded yesterday, but I got the flu yesterday and I've been better.

Donny

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis - You don't didn't get an email because your ISP blocks our emails. This has been going on for over a year now with your account. Maybe you should send something to your account manager and ask him what you were compensated.

Donny

this is rubbish and you know that it is and here is why :

first of all i get all ( and i mean all emails - EVER ) from my account manager at parked or any other ppc company that i use .

secondly my ips does not block any emails - EVER - all my emails go directly to my own little server and then a copy is delivered to my outlook express - so ever if ( which it doesn't ) my isp ( roadrunner) would block parked.com emails , i would get my account mangers emails which is also at parkked.com.

in addition i still would have a copy on my server - and no i do not have any spam ware on my server running ( and it also is a dedicated server that no one else can activate span blockers or ip blockers without my knowledge.

the same thing happened a few weeks with enom - i did not get any emails anymore - they insisted that it is my fault until they found that my email was blacklisted on their new software .

it is just soo easy to pass the bug to someone else isn't it ?

last but not least - the reason i post it here is because my pm was not addressed again about the TQ !

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

get a grip wolfis, seriously dude it's not a conspiracy..it's a damn email big whoop lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom