Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

3-Letter Swedish ccTLD Sells for 6 Figures to Top DN Journal's New Weekly Sales Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. It was another solid week led by one of the year's 10 biggest country code sales. We also saw two of the year's five biggest non .com gTLD sales this week as that category enjoyed its best outing so far in 2009. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting list as always. Thanks Ron!

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
regarding the swedish name, there was some hubbub after the sale. Alot of people didn't like the idea of spending a million krona of the tax payers' money for a domain name. fools :)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great reporting as usual Ron. looks like a new picture.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
regarding the swedish name, there was some hubbub after the sale. Alot of people didn't like the idea of spending a million krona of the tax payers' money for a domain name. fools :)
What, it's just redistribution of wealth. Welfare the Swedish way :)

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha yes indeed :) that's how we do it

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meinereifen.de
("my rant" in German)

my tires (tyres)

Elektrotankstelle.de
("nearest gas station" in German)

no "nearest", no gas

(electric) charging station

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great reporting as usual Ron. looks like a new picture.

Not really. To me it looks as though the same artist is painting another picture including the typical quality of sameness, that ever-present positive spin. Lacking is extensive investigative reporting of the sleazy domain auction business, including demands for transparency regarding who the heck is actually bidding for the names. How many shills are out there? How many more auction companies and auctioneers are playing the rest of us for suckers?

But instead we find the hard-hitting, second-hand story about the silver-spoon-in-mouth son (load from the King's nuts) Jay Penske (son of Roger Penske) spending his Dad's pocket-change on prime .com domains. Wowee! Now that is really important news to those of us domainers trying to eek out a living selling or developing domains while major players are defrauding us.

Need another tissue Ron?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not really. To me it looks as though the same artist is painting another picture including the typical quality of sameness, that ever-present positive spin.
I'm sure many other domainers besides me were interested in the Jay Penske story. When anyone (and maybe especially someone with a famous name) makes substantial investments in premium .com's to build out a large media business, thus alerting more people to the value of domains, it's nice to hear about it.

If you want to contribute some investigative reporting about auction shilling and so forth, Ron would probably be glad to hear from you.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you want to contribute some investigative reporting about auction shilling and so forth, Ron would probably be glad to hear from you.

I don't claim to be a "domain industry news magazine." Ron has heard (read) plenty from me in his guerilla marketing threads at domain forum sites such as this site. No, he probably is not glad to hear from me. I bring real sore spots to the forefront in those forum threads, and the only issue he chooses to address is if I use the word "swarmy" instead of the greater-used "smarmy." He chooses to let more important issues, like rigged auctions, take a back seat to spinning the latest domain sales to paint a jolly picture of the domain aftermarket. To call his site a "news magazine" is a joke IMHO.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fine, don't read it, let the rest of us enjoy it.

If I didn't read it, I wouldn't know what it was truly about. If I didn't read it, I wouldn't be able to make an educated opinion about it.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wowee! Now that is really important news to those of us domainers trying to eek out a living selling or developing domains while major players are defrauding us.

I understand that in your world view, your lack of success is solely the fault of others David, but did you ever consider that you own shortcomings as a developer or domain speculator might have at least a little bit to do with it? There are dozens of successful people in this very forum competing on the same field you are - people who have done exceedingly well for themselves in this business despite the prescence of these "major players' you hate so much. Why do you suppose that is? Could some of them possibly have a little more on the ball than you? Nah...that couldn't be it. You're perfect, which means you can criticize everyone else to make sure people know its not your fault that you aren't getting anywhere.

No, he probably is not glad to hear from me.

You give yourself far too much credit David. I could not care less what boorish forum trolls have to say about anything. Since you never have anything positive to contribute on any topic, it is obvious that your sole purpose in being here is to soil every thread you post in in a desperate attempt to get people to pay attention to you (works for two year olds but not so well for adults who quickly tire of that kind of behaviour).

I think we all get where you are coming from by now - you are the only who really has it together and everyone else completely sucks. Roger on that. I wouldn't wish that kind of miserable mean-spirited mindset on my worst enemy so I truly hope that at some point in your life you find something that will give you some real happiness rather than the hatred and bitterness than is currently consuming you.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing Duke this mad, ever. Really, what is the point of attempting to discredit DNJournal via "I know you are but what am I" posts?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing Duke this mad, ever. Really, what is the point of attempting to discredit DNJournal via "I know you are but what am I" posts?

I'm not at all mad. I am however sad to see any human being drowning themselves in a sea of negativity like this. Why even waste your time and energy in a business you think is completely corrupt filled with people you hate? Life is way too short for that.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe he was not breastfed as a baby? :D

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all mad. I am however sad to see any human being drowning themselves in a sea of negativity like this. Why even waste your time and energy in a business you think is completely corrupt filled with people you hate? Life is way too short for that.

Its hard for anyone to not be jealous of those who got to start out with millions in capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom