Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed 3dbluray (DOT) net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravitymarketing

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As my post suggests, seeking any appraisal on the name 3dbluray (DOT) net

I'll list a little info I've collected if it helps anybody with the estimate. I am looking to sell, I'm inexperienced, and I will find any information really helpful. Thanks!!

Background

I sold bluray-3d (dot) com on sedo this week for 1200 EUR, and I've decided to release this name too. Sedo gave me a very rough estimates places both domains between 3000-4000. I put them under this due to trademark issues, and due to a technological industry. I think the other I probably sold too low but I'm pretty new and I could put this money to good use right now. I know namebio is a much more useful source of info than an automated tool like estibot or sedo. However personal sales history is probably one better, so I've listed that.

Regarding the use of trademark, I've investigated and there are a few points of interest. Firstly, blu-ray isnt owned by sony as many suggest. The TM is a collective of the blu ray disc association of which over 10 corporations are a member of. Most of the patents are around 'bluray disc' not 'bluray'. But most importantly, a third party business that is not associated to blu ray disc association has run the #1 rank site since the inception of the technology (blu-ray dot com), without any trademark challenge (as it promotes the industry, why would they close it down).

So as conclusion, i feel that there is little to no risk for trademark issues regarding the name.

Regarding exact match traffic, 3d blu ray hits 300k phrase, 18k exact on google alone
Further you can go 3d bluray with 74k, 5.5k

In regards to my swot on opportunities, although many might say 3d was hyped and is mediumly stagnated, we will ultimately see 3d with every device sold, and many big blockbusters to come, especially avatar 2-3.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators