Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

4.4 Million Dollar Domain deal announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NEW YORK, Aug 02, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Bankrate, Inc. (RATERATE
News , chart, profile, more

Delayed quote dataAdd to portfolio
Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
) announced today it has signed an agreement for the acquisition of three Websites owned and operated by East West Mortgage, Inc. for $4.4 million in cash. The Internet sites to be purchased by Bankrate include: Mortgage-calc.com, Mortgagecalc.com and Mortgagemath.com. The transaction is subject to the approval of Bankrate's Board of Directors and is expected to close within a week.

"We intend to leverage the consumer traffic generated by these Websites into the Bankrate.com offering within the next week," said Thomas R. Evans, president and CEO of Bankrate, Inc. "We anticipate that the organic traffic from these sites will help fuel our display and hyperlink ad sales and will be accretive in the near term," Mr. Evans, added.

Domain Days 2024

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They would have to already get massive traffic, the domains alone arent worth a fraction of that.

Nice sale anyway :)

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It comes 4th for "mortgage" at Google.

At overture mortgage gives 833745 searches last month , Obviously it gonna be more at Google then .

That Site Must be receiving alot of traffic ..

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have actually used those sites before.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
came up second for me as well, bankrate came 4th. mortgage-calc does not open for me, could be connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom