Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

4domains.com / bluehill.com deleted my domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4domains.com / bluehill.com deleted my domain.

On 24th of July I got a domain using snapnames and was registered at 4domains.com / bluehill.com.

At some point within the next 4 months someone there deleted my domain.
It was registered again on the 15th of December by someone else.

They claim I deleted the domain using an IP that is in UNITED STATES FLORIDA MIAMI BEACH.
This was never my IP. I live in Greece and all my IPs are in Greece.
They can check in my real account there.

They claim that the domain was deleted from within the ****** account.
This account was never mine.
When I asked them to send me the password for this account of course they refused because the account
is associated with a different email and NOT mine.

All whois details were correct at all times.
I never got a notification from 4domains.com / bluehill.com that the domain was deleted.
I have saved the old whois details.

What should I do?
Anyone knows the ICANN url that is used for complaints?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found them very helpful on the phone. I know it would be long distance for you.

They have live support on the site.

I'm surprised that they caught a name for you at Snapnames, as they have been contracted out exclusively to BuyDomains on .com and .net for as long as I can remember, and still are. Was that the email contact that pulled the name?

Not challenging you, just sounds weird.
Good luck.
Doc

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got one domain with them yesterday from snapnames.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
I got one domain with them yesterday from snapnames.

I assumed the name was a .com or .net cause they have their own drop catching service for the other extensions.

Guess things have changed on .com and .net for them Stuff. I wonder if that means that BuyDomains is dropping it's contracts with all of it's registrars since the Netsol and other exclusive things with Snapnames has gone through?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
they used to work for snapnames at that time.
I have the email from snapnames giving me the domain.
Don't know what they do now.

No, it was not DB in the account.
The email was h***p@h*********p.com

Stocdoctor said:
I've found them very helpful on the phone. I know it would be long distance for you.

They have live support on the site.

I'm surprised that they caught a name for you at Snapnames, as they have been contracted out exclusively to BuyDomains on .com and .net for as long as I can remember, and still are. Was that the email contact that pulled the name?

Not challenging you, just sounds weird.
Good luck.
Doc

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was a .com.

I have won at least 8 domains using snapnames and registered at 4domains since August 2003 up until now.

Stocdoctor said:
I assumed the name was a .com or .net cause they have their own drop catching service for the other extensions.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
It was a .com.

I have won at least 8 domains using snapnames and registered at 4domains since August 2003 up until now.

Sorry, boy was I wrong. I checked and you're right, they are lined up with Snapnames. I also checked and on first look it seems that about 6 registrars have gone away from exclusives with BuyDomains. The market just keeps on a changing.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After treating me as a madman of about 10 emails, 4domains now said that they contacted snapnames so they can check in which account they should have put the domain in the first place. Waiting for a reply.

I have filled a complaint at internic.

jpalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just wanted to follow up on this for everyone. Thanks Dan for the kind remarks.

The situation behind this was we are a Snapnames registrar partner, so our registrar connections are used to secure expired domain drop orders.

The domain in question dvdrip was referring to was secured by our servers and during the stuffing process where Snapnames seeds thew account into our systems they logged the domain under a different username.

In turn the user who was assigned this name did not recognize it and deleted it in November 2004. In February 2005 dvdrip contacted us regarding this situation and we explained the domain was deleted and provided logs explaining the ip and date the delete was received from. By this time the domain had already been registered for months by another person with a different registrar.

We contacted Snapnames regarding the situation and they researched this and found the domain had been assigned to the wrong user. Snapnames contacted dvdrip to resolve the issue and make ammends and apologized to us for getting in the middle of this dillema.

My apologies if this brings up an old thread, I'm new the this forum and wanted to add some closure for anyone reading this :^)

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum jpalmer, it's nice to see a company resolve an issue publicly.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard also, jpalmer! I do hope you'll post more often.

Good luck and enjoy your stay here!

But I doubt you'll be able to get the domain back for dvdrip, right?

jpalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

If we could we sure would! But it was already registered elsewhere :^|

Snapnames said they would try and make things right which I assume means credits for future drop services...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My biggest problem is that it took you about 10 emails to acknowledge there was actually a problem. Up until then you were treating me like a madman or someone that deleted his own domain and then complained. You support was very rude and didn't investigate at all. You only started to worry after my 8th or 9th email.

Another minor detail.
Out of the 11 domains I have won with 4domains:
7 went into the right account. Mine.
1 went into the account that deleted my domain.
1 went into buydomains account but got it back
1 went into Ults account but got it back
1 went to someone's account that looked into whois, show my details and gave me the domain.

This problem has only happened with 4domains. Coincidence?

jpalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Dvdrip,

Thanks for the email, we do not associate the accounts with users, snapnames provides us with those details... I'm sorry if this has happened to you multiple times.

If that is indeed the case I would highly recommend notifying Snapnames, as there is need for major attention. I have never heard of this outside of this case so I am confirdent in the snapnames service. Domains cannot be transferred for 60 days which should be enough time for people to look at their domains to find problems, this is obviously not a domain owners responsibility, but still might be a good idea to keep an eye open.

I read all of oyur emails to support, and I mean no offense, but the basic just of the emails are:

02/10/2005
#1 - i cant login - we explain the domain was deleted
#2 - you tell us to get it back - we say we can't
#3 - you email a legal threat - we again explain there is no undo process

02/11/2005
#4 - you say you didnt delete it - we again explain and offer logs
#5 - you request domain password - we offer to email to the address on file

02/14/2005
#6 - you state that is not your email and make vulgar comments and ICANN threats - we explain our security terms and that there is no way to undo the delete
#7 another heated email - support warns future correspondence will be deleted if emails are not professional

02/15/2005
#8 you email your account details - we compare with snapnames and they explain the problem, apologize to us and our support team, and explain they will handle the situation from there forward since the error was in their stuffing process.

Even at this point after all my explantions you state "This problem has only happened with 4domains. Coincidence?" bypassing the explanation and Snapnames admission.

The evolution of this all hinged on communication, sending heated emails to our staff or posting negative threads about us is counterproductive. Once you sent your details we compared with Snapnames and they explained to us what happened, same day. With the front line level of customer service we offer we don't hide behind support ticket systems or a phone system. If you have a question, ask, and we will always do our best to be helpful.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok yes my 6th email was heated! Of cource it was! You were in
ignoring me!

You yourself said that up until the 6th email you were telling me I MYSELF deleted the domain!!!
I told you I didn't delete it from the second one. If this is good support then I am must be crazy!

You compared with snapnames after my 8th email! Does this seem efficient to you?

Your system is really insecure and needs a lot of work.

PS. You still have not apologized to me about your POOR support.

jpalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
Ok yes my 6th email was heated! Of cource it was! You were in
ignoring me!

You yourself said that up until the 6th email you were telling me I MYSELF deleted the domain!!!
I told you I didn't delete it from the second one. If this is good support then I am must be crazy!

You compared with snapnames after my 8th email! Does this seem efficient to you?

Your system is really insecure and needs a lot of work.

PS. You still have not apologized to me about your POOR support.
I hope you don't mind me posting the message in public, there are no secure details, this was the entire body of the second message:

=======================================
Are you kidding me?
I want the domain back!
I will sue you if I don't get it back within 7 days.
Thanks
=======================================

I know our guys work real hard, and I'm the technical director here... and even I don't see anything implying you did not delete the name in that message.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So it might have been the third. I lost count with these emails...
What is the difference? 2nd or 3rd...
=====================
I didn't delete it.
Who did?
It is your fault it was deleted. I didn't get any notifications from you.
======================

This is the kind of support I got from you.
You say something without checking all the facts.

jpalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
So it might have been the third. I lost count with these emails...
What is the difference? 2nd or 3rd...
=====================
I didn't delete it.
Who did?
It is your fault it was deleted. I didn't get any notifications from you.
======================

This is the kind of support I got from you.
You say something without checking all the facts.
And this was supports reply to that, in context, very professional...

------------------------------

Thanks for the email, we have full logs of the domain being deleted from within your account
by the same IP address used to manage other domains in your account. The domain delete
process is very well explained and clearly states the delete cannot be undone.

We are sorry your name is no longer available, there is nothing we can do to help you with
this, sorry.

Your only course of action at this point would be to contact the new domain owner and try
to purchase the name from them on your own.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol
You didn't even bother to look who owned the account the domain was into. :)

Please don't tempt me. I have another 7 or 8 emails from you to resolve a simple issue about login info. Again irrelevant replies. Very funny if you read it a few months later.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
All this drop-catching business has shown that some very incompetent entities have joined the game, lured by the bones that the big players (Pool, Snapnames, namewinner) are throwing at them. Meanwhile, customer service is kept at a minimum because simply it's not affordable at these rates.

So now the domain is owned by someone else. What should happen is this:

1. dvdrip should sue
2. the new owner should sue
3. the entity who lost the domain should be fined

It's ridiculous; I've had similar complaints with all sorts of apparent mom and pop "registrars" that should lose their ICANN accreditation once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom