Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Protect your Domain Accounts: Google is Deleting Inactive Accounts

Futurenic

Level 2
Reaction score
Google's new inactive account policy is that Google Accounts not accessed in 2 years will get deleted.

Google Accounts not accessed in 2 years will get deleted..png

Google is updating it's inactive domain account policy.

That means the Google account, but everything in that account, as well, will be deleted.

So all your documents, files, videos, everything will be get deleted.

Your gmail account would be deleted, as well.

That means that you could also lose access to your domain name's registrar account as well.

Complete Details: https://blog.google/technology/safety-security/updating-our-inactive-account-policies/

Copy of what is written on the google blog is pasted below:

How to keep your account active
The simplest way to keep a Google Account active is to sign-in at least once every 2 years. If you have signed into your Google Account or any of our services recently, your account is considered active and will not be deleted. Activity might include these types of actions you take when you sign in or while you’re signed in to your Google Account:

• Reading or sending an email
  • Using Google Drive
  • Watching a YouTube video
  • Downloading an app on the Google Play Store
  • Using Google Search
  • Using Sign in with Google to sign in to a third-party app or service

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Does this refer to Youtube accounts or exactly Google ones?
To keep them running would be enough to login?
P.s. I can't view that Link it show (about:blank#blocked) in URL, it seems that i have a long tongue and they are afraid of me.

Last edited:

Futurenic

Level 2
Reaction score
refer to Youtube accounts or exactly Google ones?
I think what they are implying is that the google account should be active. I checked their blog again and found:

1684315862084.png

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Does this refer to Youtube accounts or exactly Google ones?

<<.. if a Google Account has not been used or signed into for at least 2 years, we may delete the account and its contents – including content within Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Meet, Calendar), YouTube and Google Photos.>>

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
<<.. if a Google Account has not been used or signed into for at least 2 years, we may delete the account and its contents – including content within Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Meet, Calendar), YouTube and Google Photos.>>
I sure hope that they make them registerable after deletion. I know, just like domaining, usernames on platforms are, for better or worse, squatted on with no activity (edit: the term "squatted" refers to inactive usernames as I can differentiate domain name sales and name squatting/sales against ToS).

I'd like to register and use a couple names that have been inactive for that period of time already... I could actually put them to use.

MiriamBright

Reaction score
It's a good reminder to stay vigilant about your digital presence. To ensure data safety, consider a robust strategy like office 365 cloud backup uk. This adds an extra layer of protection for your domain accounts.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators