Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

----

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may help, but be aware your featured listing will NOT be shown to everyone.

Buyer beware!

I got ripped off last year by Sedo - they claim differently in that they basically state they didn't promise to list it everywhere in the fineprint; Sedo is very sneaky about stuff like that ... so in a nutshell, Sedo won't show featured listings to everyone ... well what's the point of paying $39 for something that many folks won't even see :(

Still awaiting my $117 USD refund (in not refunding my money, Sedo has lost way over $117 ... heck, the amount of time they've dealt with me has already cost them more than that LOL!) for a service that was misrepresented; search the threads here for more details and/or newgroups.

With all that said, if you choose to purchase a featured listing, make SURE it's shown where you expect to - email Sedo *first* ... do NOT assume it will display on the country page you think it will ... their geotargetting is buggy and there have been glitches, including at least one I recall reading about here the other day.

Good luck.

Ron

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've listed four domains with obvious reseller value if nothing else and only recieved one $60 offer.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The featured listing is crap. I did it, my domain was listed for just a few hours before it got bumped down. Don't waste your money.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have sold quite a few domains through sedo and I am happy with them.
However, I do not think the featured domain listing is worth it. Never sold a featured listing, even though I had some top domains featured.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used the featured listing on one of our domains last year. No offers were received and as fryman04 stated, it got bumped down the list in a very short while.

I think it can be purchased for a very high profile/high traffic domain parked there but other then that it is a waste of resources.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most of the names in this category arent even worth 39 dollars, what are these people thinking

S

SedoCoUk

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start off by saying that Fatter made a great point in saying that listing a name in the showcase does not make it a better name. It will make more people see it, but if it is a name which nobody wants, then it will not make a poor name sell. We do state 'Please ensure your domain is of high quality..."

However, we still realise that, while we have had plenty of success stories with the featured listing, many of our customers are not entirely satisfied with the service. Sneaky and devious we are not, though. 'Buyer beware' is just a tad overexaggerating.

Let's have a look what our terms say. If you go to http://www.sedo.co.uk/shop/?language=e&productid=1110 , you have a little button saying 'Additional Details'. We would naturally expect our customers to read this before ordering the service. If you see a listing on Amazon saying "mp3 player - $39", it is likely you would want to read more about it before clicking "Buy". The fifth point in the Additional Details states "Domains will be Featured on the Sedo country site where they were ordered, unless otherwise requested." Hardly miniscule small print. It also states 'unless otherwise requested' which means you simply have to ask when you order the listing and we'll put your domain on both .com and .oc.uk sites if you wish. Featuring 3 .com domains on the Sedo.com website is hardly stealing $ 117 from a customer.

Our featured listing is worth the money, it does lead to some big sales and it does give your domain some great exposure. We also state that the domains are listed on the homepage until we have 13 more orders when it will be moved to the next page. This is not the end of your listing. We know that many of our big buyers look at the featured listings first to see what choice domains they can pick up and domains which are, or have been feautred, in the showcase receive a higher Sedo ranking.
However, the crux of the problem lies with the feature's popularity. People want their domain to be listed on the homepage of the web's favourite domain trading platform but are not prepared to have their name replaced by other users' domains vying for potentiall buyers.

We are currently working to find a solution to supply enough range to cover the massive demand for this product. Ideas include having a scroll bar on the featured listings showcase box and having them on a purely rotational basis, so every time the page refreshes, new domains come up.

If users are still not sure that they want to pay $ 39 for the showcase, a great alternative is a category listing. This costs just $ 9.99 and gets your domain excellent exposure to users browsing the catelogue by category. For example, if you go to the homepage and click on one of the categories on the left - e.g. Health - then the first few names are in the featured category listing.
You can ordrer this sevice by going to 'My domains' in your account, selecting the domain you wish to feature, choosing 'add to category showcase' in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.

So, we feel it is a great service overall and well worth doing. It is something that we realise is not perfect and we are taking steps to make it even better so we can guarantee absolute customer satisfaction!

Feel free to email/PM me with any questions.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have found category listings for 9.99 get just as many views as featured listings, this is just my experience and may not be the same with others

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed, the rotational viewing of the featured listings was suggested about a year ago, and many times since.
It would be so easy to program a rotational listing based on each new view of the page.
It really is very simple.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here is a list Featured Domains on sedo's front page how many are worth more than 39 dollars
simplythebestloan.com Make Offer
boutiqueweddings.com 10,000 $US
cityofjesus.com Make Offer
noviazgo.com Make Offer
muela.com Make Offer
hebreos.com Make Offer
iloveyouihateyou.com Make Offer
igniteyourmind.com Make Offer
igniteyourbody.com Make Offer
appellant.net Make Offer
creabiz.com Make Offer
digoo.com 10,000 $US
sweetestlife.biz

iPowerBuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It remains to be seen, I just bought a Featured Listing for iSecure.org this morning. I am trying it as an experiment to see if it's worth buying for one of my other domains.

So far I haven't seen it show up in the rotation.

The way I see it, purchasing the Featured Listing is little different than any other form of marketing. There are no guaranteed results and it all depends on who views it, what their needs are at the time and what they are willing to pay.

That said, I am hoping for some nice offers! ;)

Cheers!

Dan

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
hmm..I didn't know they had 9.99 listings...may try it for $10 bucks..

that listing will get you top billing, when a buyer searches a category like insurance your name is listed on top, that means you get 4 category listings for same price as 1 featured listing, unless your name is really good category listing is a better deal IMHO
good luck

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the only people which benefit from the $39 are sedo... Like most I've posted a few good domains and had no response, within a few blinks your listing also disapears from the front page to sub section.

For the sake of $39 why not just test it - Atleast you can form your own opinion. If all fails you can join the cue of bitter and twisted foke which wish they hadnt.

I wont be using it in a hurry again though.

Best of luck

Barry.co.uk

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fratter,
Re: Is the $39 Featured listing worth it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a list Featured Domains on sedo's front page how many are worth more than 39 dollars
simplythebestloan.com Make Offer
boutiqueweddings.com 10,000 $US
cityofjesus.com Make Offer
noviazgo.com Make Offer
muela.com Make Offer
hebreos.com Make Offer
iloveyouihateyou.com Make Offer
igniteyourmind.com Make Offer
igniteyourbody.com Make Offer
appellant.net Make Offer
creabiz.com Make Offer
digoo.com 10,000 $US
sweetestlife.biz

A person can put a price of whatever they want on a domain that they own and a featured listing that they paided for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom