Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

----

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPowerBuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am sad to say that so far I am NOT happy with the Featured Domain listing. I have seen my domain on the front page only once since I had it listed (and that was the same day.)

I have checked it daily since then multiple times and haven't seen it.

I won't be purchasing it again. :(

Dan

POLiSH said:
Fratter,
Re: Is the $39 Featured listing worth it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a list Featured Domains on sedo's front page how many are worth more than 39 dollars
simplythebestloan.com Make Offer
boutiqueweddings.com 10,000 $US
cityofjesus.com Make Offer
noviazgo.com Make Offer
muela.com Make Offer
hebreos.com Make Offer
iloveyouihateyou.com Make Offer
igniteyourmind.com Make Offer
igniteyourbody.com Make Offer
appellant.net Make Offer
creabiz.com Make Offer
digoo.com 10,000 $US
sweetestlife.biz

A person can put a price of whatever they want on a domain that they own and a featured listing that they paided for.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kinda of a round about way but it worked for me to list in category
click on my listings under mysedo, then click on domain you want to do category listing for, once it shows the info for your domain, edit the remarks section and click on save changes, after you do that then the option for category listing comes up
let me no if it works for you, also I found best results with this with names that were industry secific such as phones, insurance etc

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sadly, there are always more new fish to prey on ... don't feel too bad, I didn't listen either to what others were saying, including myself, and tried out Sedo's featured listings back in September of last year ... total waste of $117 USD.

What Sedo doesn't truly appreciate is that ripping people only works for so long - in the longrun it's costing them far more ... for example, the $117 USD I lost at Sedo has likely cost them, by now, easily upwards of a 1000 TIMES that in lost business ... and I'm talking actual commissions as opposed to gross sales, listing fees, parking, etc.

While such losses in business are relatively small for Sedo, they add up over time and more importantly open up opportunities for competitors ... ie. Afternic, despite all their problems, has gained business - one can plainly see that from DNJournal Sales reports; DNF could really cleanup, if they ever chose to go full steam into the domain listing business, but I digress.

In a nutshell, with Sedo's services, it's buyer beware.

Ron

S

SedoCoUk

Hello there everyone,

Sorry to see Ron's weekly complaint about us ripping him off last September. I have clarified the situation in an earlier post, as you can all see on page 1 of this thread.

I also stated in the same post earlier that we do realise - especially for our US / UK customers - the Featured Listing is so immensely popular that we sometimes struggle to supply a first-class service to keep up with the huge demand.

However, I must again stress there is no reason to 'beware'. Whilst we may not offer the perfect service we would like to be able to offer - and we are working hard to improve this - we do not scam or rip off any of our customers. We clearly state that your domains will only be on the homepage for 24 hours before being rotated off to the subpage. We also state that the domain will be listed on the site from which it is ordered, unless otherwise requested.

We are constantly working to improve the system and are not unaware of the competition lurking in the wings. However, we are still by far the favoured platform for serious domainers as the dnjournal sales show
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Doesn't seem to show Afternic stealing the show, as Valuenames suggests. We are even rivalling private sales and drops for the big sales of the year.

I'm sorry that you continue to be disillusioned Ron, despite my best efforts to sort out the situation for you - a gesture on my part which you totally seem to have overlooked. We simply cannot refund your $ 117 if we have delivered a service as written on the site. It is a pity that we have lost out on at least $ 117,000 of your custom. Based on our 10% sales commission, this would suggest you have made over 1 million dollars in the last 6 months. I congratulate you on this. It just seems to make your weekly attempts to slander our company regarding a mere $ 117 even more difficult to understand.

I would again like to reiterate that we deliver a service exactly as it is stated on the homepage. We do not try to deliberately mis-lead any of our customers. We realise that some customers may be dissatisfied with our hugely popular service, but the terms and conditions of sale are clearly stated on the site.

If you are interested in setting up a category listing, you can do it by selecting the domain in 'My listings' and choosing "Add to category listing" from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ed

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your in-depth reply - I certainly don't agree with many of your points, but visitors who read this thread now have more than suffucient information to make up their own mind about whether a featured listing is worth it ...

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom