Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

A company wants to buy my domain name

rebelrocket

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, apologies as I am very new to all this. I've been approached by a domain & IP property company wanting to buy my .co.uk domain name. They have only offered me 300 GBP. Following a bit of research I see they have already acquired the .com version of the domain name and it is listed for sale on various sites for around 40,000 USD. Does this mean my .co.uk domain name is worth a lot more than £300?

Domain summit 2024

Karim Nasser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On its own probably not worth the 40K, but because the company already owns the .com version, you should get a lot more than 300GBP. I'm not sure how much though. They are probably approaching you because they want to secure that domain so no one else would use it for a website. That's my guess.

Don't be too gready, dont be too quick to respond. I would tell them that is way too low, and ask for another offer. Also get the advice of more people on this forum.

Good luck!

Hi, apologies as I am very new to all this. I've been approached by a domain & IP property company wanting to buy my .co.uk domain name. They have only offered me 300 GBP. Following a bit of research I see they have already acquired the .com version of the domain name and it is listed for sale on various sites for around 40,000 USD. Does this mean my .co.uk domain name is worth a lot more than £300?

rebelrocket

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your feedback, as you suggested I'm going to ask for a higher offer. I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this question or not.
Thanks

flippawilson

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah,I'm very , very new to all of this also.
One of the main points I hear the "guru's" saying is NEVER take the first offer.

Try it, but it depends on how well you can financially wait.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom