Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A couple easy ways to get dnforum back on track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a recent slow down in activity on the boards, here are my ideas to get it more popular.....

1) Let visitors view the boards, for the most part it will do nothing but show them how great the boards are which will lead to more members, I dont see the benefit in not letting visitors see posts....

2) Offer a sale on memberships.... why not, it will mean we will get more members leading to a more active community, this can last for a month, just to get the boards more active again, the small amount of money you lose in memberships will be made up for via ads because of some extra new traffic because of more members

3) List more memberships on ebay. Even if they dont sell for retail value, they will act as advertising for the forums and 5 signups at $30 each and 1000 visitors to dnf for a few listing fees are better than no sales at $50 each and no extra hits.

4) Bring back the banned members. Between CoolHost, Dr Who and Namecaster (I think he was banned, forgive me if I am mistaken) provided so much to the community, let them know about all the rules and if they break them again they are gone, but at least give them the chance to come back - the board will become slightly more active because of it.

5) Get DotComGod more into advertising the forums, I dont know how he was getting 1000 people online at the same time, but bring them back!

Dont get me wrong, DNF is amazing, I am just giving these ideas as the extra cheese on your pizza, or the whipped cream on your sundae, or the extra bacon on your sandwich - these ideas will just help to make a great thing better,

Yours Truely,
GT Web

Upvote 0

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
what about selling some memberships on ebay! free publicity and some extra members - what is wrong with that?

I suggested that to Greg when Platinums first came out, and it was very successful. Search the archives.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my point exactly! - even if you only get $35 for a platinum membership - its still $35 you might not have gotten anyways and the amount of traffic ebay auctions generate is amazing!

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
This site is not dependant upon one or two individuals with their own agenda. Those "banned" have made their home elsewhere and seem happy in their different environment - an environment which is quite different from the "style" of DNForum.
Some forums are more domain/business oriented and others are more "chatty" or "teeny" - they are all there to try - I use them all and make my main home DNForum because of its business style.
Each forum has its own set of rules and style of administration, I believe that if you set out to damage the forum then you should be removed.

very good point webname

to be honest - looking back, i really shouldnt have commented as due to time constraints i havent been a regular here for the past few months so was not really in the position to pass judgement:):)

schmidte

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you think this would work out:

Maybe once every 6 weeks have 1 day when anyone can start a thread in the appraisial section. This includes any members and guests(they'd have to join first). This would allow guests to get a chance to get interactive and maybe get sucked in into buying a membership.
They'd definately return to see their appraisials and if existing members would take the time to appraise the names for these prospective members, I think a certain percentage would sign up to post more names. This would also allow existing Gold members to post a few names, and I think alot of members would visit the forum that day to see the barrage of new names.

Someone in the forum (logo designer) could design a banner that we (members) could put on our websites stating something like this: Get a FREE Professional Domain Name Appraisial.....One day only......Click here for details!
The link would send them to the DNForum and explain the details of the Free day and other membership options.

It's kinda of like "free fishing days" in Michigan, you can fish all weekend without a license, a simple gesture to generate interest.

ED

PS: I'd allow banned members back with a probationary period, if they f*** up again.......gone forever!!!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Maybe once every 6 weeks have 1 day when anyone can start a thread in the appraisial section. This includes any members and guests(they'd have to join first). This would allow guests to get a chance to get interactive and maybe get sucked in into buying a membership.
They'd definately return to see their appraisials and if existing members would take the time to appraise the names for these prospective members, I think a certain percentage would sign up to post more names. This would also allow existing Gold members to post a few names, and I think alot of members would visit the forum that day to see the barrage of new names.

and I can imagine the posts about sales threads etc being totally crowded out by these appraisal posts..

Someone in the forum (logo designer) could design a banner that we (members) could put on our websites stating something like this: Get a FREE Professional Domain Name Appraisial.....One day only......Click here for details!
The link would send them to the DNForum and explain the details of the Free day and other membership options.

the idea of a banner/icon/logo to advertise DNF is great, but my thoughts on the "Appraisal Day" remain the same.

PS: I'd allow banned members back with a probationary period, if they f*** up again.......gone forever!!!

we don't need them back to improve the forum and they are quite happy in their new home I'm sure (interesting to see most of them are Mods where they are and now behave quite differently, they've even carried out their first banning - must be a moral there somewhere :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom