Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A couple of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New posts. Is there a link to unread posts like prior layout/version? The "New Posts" always seems to contain a lot of not so new posts/threads. It's a PITA to have to mark all forums read before logging out to make (relatively) sure I will actually see the new posts the next time I log in and click on "New posts".

The layout is killing my eyes. Therefore it also means less time spent on the board. I would assume it means others are spending less time on the board as well. Which leads to the logical conclusion. Less advertising revenue for the site. A new skin is in the mutual best interests of all.

Patiently waiting for iSpy upgrade.

Cheers!
Scott

Upvote 0

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scott, I feel your pain about the layout. Upon logging in and seeing the layout, my eyes throb, my heart pounds, and I get the shakes.

Ok, ok, not that bad, but the new layout does make it hard to focus on one post for some reason and makes me quickly close the window and surf elsewhere.

New posts. Is there a link to unread posts like prior layout/version? The "New Posts" always seems to contain a lot of not so new posts/threads. It's a PITA to have to mark all forums read before logging out to make (relatively) sure I will actually see the new posts the next time I log in and click on "New posts".

The layout is killing my eyes. Therefore it also means less time spent on the board. I would assume it means others are spending less time on the board as well. Which leads to the logical conclusion. Less advertising revenue for the site. A new skin is in the mutual best interests of all.

Patiently waiting for iSpy upgrade.

Cheers!
Scott

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Scott

Yeah! Same issue here. Also... What is the difference between "New Posts" and "Today's Posts"?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a theme with sharper colors. It's hard to tell read posts from new posts.

I

impactadmin

Yeah! Same issue here. Also... What is the difference between "New Posts" and "Today's Posts"?

Todays posts are the daily posts that are posted for today.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where would you like to see a changes in colors?
I find that there is an overall lack of contrast in colors in the current theme.

Also, the new posts used to have a yellow icon in thread view (next to the timestamp). Now we can't distinguish newer posts.

I

impactadmin

I find that there is an overall lack of contrast in colors in the current theme.

Also, the new posts used to have a yellow icon in thread view (next to the timestamp). Now we can't distinguish newer posts.

We will work on adding some contrast to the skin to help make things look clearer.

I

impactadmin

Let me know if you like this.

I added a popup private message system. So now when you click on a persons username and click private message it popups a window on your current screen allowing you to pm that user without actually having to go to your pm box.

Try it out and let me know if you like it or we should remove it.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you like this.

I added a popup private message system. So now when you click on a persons username and click private message it popups a window on your current screen allowing you to pm that user without actually having to go to your pm box.

Try it out and let me know if you like it or we should remove it.

Not sure if it's working. Looks interesting, but just sent a couple of pms from a username link in a thread, but they did not show up in my sent items, so not sure if receipient received them. Sent a third one from user area, which showed as sent.

On the iSpy, might be a bug. When clicking on a post, it often takes me to the general forum area, not the post/thread I clicked on.

Thanks!

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's working. Looks interesting, but just sent a couple of pms from a username link in a thread, but they did not show up in my sent items, so not sure if receipient received them. Sent a third one from user area, which showed as sent.

On the iSpy, might be a bug. When clicking on a post, it often takes me to the general forum area, not the post/thread I clicked on.

Thanks!
Same problem here regarding iSpy. Most links revert to the default forum page. Also could iSpy have a permalink at the top near New Posts etc. as before the upgrade.

I

impactadmin

Thanks!

The pm is definitely sending because i sent a test to myself however I disabled it anyways as its not keeping a record in the sent pms area.

The iSPY is working for me. What browser are you using? Try using IE and see if it takes you to the right post. It does for on my test.

Thanks

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Trying with IE8 at the moment, but yes, I usually use mozilla (seamonkey nowadays). It's not the browser. It appears to be only certain forums. It worked to get me to here from ispy, but offers wanted / fixed prices above 100 forward to forum.php. I assume there are more, just tested those a minute ago to check. Maybe all sale forums? All platinum forums?

Edit: Nope, expiring domains works, political works. So it must be forum by forum.

Another edit: More specifically about the "new posts":

When I click new posts, at the bottom left, I see "Results 1 to 20 of 100". Therefore I would assume there are 100 new posts.

Nope.

When I click page 2 of new posts, it shows Results 21 to 40 of 120. Page 3 shows results 41-60 of 140.
etc..

somewhat confusing.

:)

Last edited:
I

impactadmin

Hi,

Ispy has been updated and working correctly now. The first 5 posts were working and everything below that wasnt linking properly.
It has been corrected now.

Yes the results issue is a vb issue that im sure they are working on it. It will be something that is fixed in the next upgrade which should be much longer as they are contstantly updating with bug fixes.

Thanks for your patience.

Huseyin,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom