Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A general question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was coming up with some decent (and available) .com names today, but I am really wondering about them.

They are mostly 2-word type .com names similar to "pricewatch" or something like that.

Are they worth registering? I am getting discouraged.

Maybe they're worth nothing now but will be?

tripstar

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if the DN is fairly short, sweet, memorable and self-explanatory, and you can imagine visiting such a site yourself, go ahead.
hope that helps!?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HOW in the world can anyone here be expected to answer that, those questions??
In this ("Domain Appraisals") Forum area, as I understand it, you are supposed to put domain(s) that YOU OWN up for an appraisal(s).
Do you want us to appraise "PriceWatch.com"? Do you own "PriceWatch.com"?
These are unreasonable requests, in my humble opinion.
Good Luck.

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yikes, sorry to cause such trouble.

I was just saying that I have 2-word domains not registered yet that are of a form similar to pricewatch.com but NOT pricewatch.com. I can't say the names.

I understand that it violates the rules of this forum but I thought a general question might be tolerated, the question being that are typical half-decent 2-word .com's typically worth anything?

I thought a question like that might save a lot of time around here, anyway.

Anyway you don't have to answer if it's inappropriate; sorry.

E

ebiznetsolutions

I have saw others say that it's a waste of time to appraise domains that no one owns. In my opinion it makes complete sense to find out what a domain name is worth before you buy it. What's the problem over listing domains you don't own for an appraisal? Just thought I would ask.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnm
I was just saying that I have 2-word domains not registered yet that are of a form similar to pricewatch.com but NOT pricewatch.com. I can't say the names.

I understand that it violates the rules of this forum but I thought a general question might be tolerated, the question being that are typical half-decent 2-word .com's typically worth anything?

I thought a question like that might save a lot of time around here, anyway.

Anyway you don't have to answer if it's inappropriate; sorry.

Thank you!
Good Luck.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Lighten up Coolhost. :D

The person has a legitimate question. They merely put the question in the wrong forum. No biggie, as I moved the thread to the MISC forum.

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
They are mostly 2-word type .com names similar to "pricewatch" or something like that.

Most 2 word domain names are tough sales unless they are a common &/or popular phrase.

Catchy phrases are cool, but might take a lot of branding.

In your example, "PriceWatch" is not a common phrase, but I could see it as a website for the best deals on consumer goods, etc. Unless somebody else wants to invest the time and effort to develop this site, then the domain name itself will not sell for very much.

Another Example is 'StockTrader'. This is a very common term, and I sold this name in one of the TLDs for $1000.

-Bob

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

Most 2 word domain names are tough sales unless they are a common &/or popular phrase.

Thank you; that is what I needed to know, and probably what a lot of other newbies who come here will also want to know.

It should save us all a lot of time & trouble.

Thanks.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score

Thank you; that is what I needed to know, and probably what a lot of other newbies who come here will also want to know.

It should save us all a lot of time & trouble.

Thanks.

Anytime. This forum is for newbies as well as veterans to ask questions.

Best of luck!

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom