Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A good reason why not to spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. 15 years if convicted on all three charges..

This is not a good reason not to spam..

This is a SPECTACULAR reason why not to spam!!

:)

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mean really, I think thats a little harsh just for a few unwanted emails :eek: I don't care that much if I get one a week. But dang!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ridiculous.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean really, I think thats a little harsh just for a few unwanted emails

If you read the article you would of found out that it was not for sending the spam but for masking their identities when they sent the spam. ;)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Assistant Attorney General Russell McGuire told jurors that on one day alone in July 2003, defendant Jeremy Jaynes sent or attempted to send 7.7 million e-mail messages to AOL customers using false identities or bogus company names. The goal of the messages was to sell software that would allow a person to work from home as a "FedEx refund processor" or that would help them pick the right penny stocks.
Mm. Yeah... and that's just THESE guys. Imagine the tons of other spammers hitting AOL everyday. People who don't think unsolicited e-mail can be a problem need to wake up. It's not as if spammers aren't trying to find better ways for getting unchallenged access to your box. It's crazy.

~ Nexus

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's great. I wish more spammers would be sent to the slammer for a long, long, time.

K

KerryLost

Amen; I SO SICK OF SPAM... Burn spammers Burn, they make it hard for me to even get my legit email.. I gave up on email for awhile because of the unreal amount of spam.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email Spam is the 21st century version of Mail Fraud ... that's how they "got" Al Capone ... not on murder, etc, but rather violating laws relating to "misusing" the U.S. Postal System.

15 years or whatever seems fair to me in a maximum security state facility; jail rape, in addition to obviously the jail time, is a powerful deterrent - everyone knows that's what happens in most such state facilities.

Though I'd like to see convicted spammers given an option of getting caned for a large reduction in jail time ... say 1 year deduction per stroke - and then spam the other spammers the canning video; post it on Ogrish.com. But I really digress.

In a nutshell, like many others, I have no sympathy for hardcore spammers - not talking about folks doing a spam run occasionally (by mistake, ignorance, etc), but rather spammers who send tens of millions of spams everyday and engage in all sorts of fraud along the way - via hijacked machines, stolen credit cards, bogus names / ID theft, etc.

Ron

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ridiculous.
it is not ridiculous Steen, if you got 50 mails today and the 49 are SPAM what would you said?

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more spammers need to be locked up and banned from using equipment that can be used to connect to the net

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
more spammers need to be locked up and banned from using equipment that can be used to connect to the net
that's true and i think 15 years are a lot, 1-5 is enough or pay $$$$

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
15 years of community service holding classes on how to use email, avoid spam, setup email filters, remove spyware, etc. would be a much more useful (and much harsher) punishment.

All those old folks.. so many computer illiterates asking questions. I have taught those classes. That would justice served properly.

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think everybody including the lawmakers are missing the point.

The telcos and Isps are the real crooks, the earn there living selling bandwidth.

Nobody can tell me that they have not got the ability to source the origins of this crap.

There is no will and they couldn't give a rats.

If 90% of the internet traffic is spam there goes 90% of there income.

It is just legislative gutlessness. If they where dinkum Telstra, AOL, Sprint, Bell would be up on charges.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
spam is a terrible problem, that is very difficult to deal with.

On my main account, I get on average 300 spam mails per day (no exageration).
What can I do to stop it or report them? Nothing.
They waste my time, and there is nothing I can do about it.
Also, I cant install an anti spam package, as its my whois email, I cant risk loosing a sale through someone contacting me for a domain (antispam software thinks they look like spam), AND the emails I get about updating whois from various registrars also gets dumped.
So I am stuck with it.

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
spam is a terrible problem, that is very difficult to deal with.

On my main account, I get on average 300 spam mails per day (no exageration).
What can I do to stop it or report them? Nothing.
They waste my time, and there is nothing I can do about it.
Also, I cant install an anti spam package, as its my whois email, I cant risk loosing a sale through someone contacting me for a domain (antispam software thinks they look like spam), AND the emails I get about updating whois from various registrars also gets dumped.
So I am stuck with it.

I have to go through all of my bulk emails just to make sure a sale isn't hiding somewhere. I get only half as much as seeker, but it's still time consuming. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom