Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A good reason why not to spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
loho27 said:
I think everybody including the lawmakers are missing the point. The telcos and Isps are the real crooks, the earn there living selling bandwidth. Nobody can tell me that they have not got the ability to source the origins of this crap. There is no will and they couldn't give a rats.
You've got to be kidding.

~ Nexus

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
loho27 said:
I think everybody including the lawmakers are missing the point. The telcos and Isps are the real crooks, the earn there living selling bandwidth. Nobody can tell me that they have not got the ability to source the origins of this crap. There is no will and they couldn't give a rats. If 90% of the internet traffic is spam there goes 90% of there income. It is just legislative gutlessness. If they where dinkum Telstra, AOL, Sprint, Bell would be up on charges.

You are apparently not in the Internet service business. The same technology exists for routers and mail servers that exists for end-user computers, but it is $$$expensive$$$, and puts the ISP in a position of responsibility of ensuring that you do not block legitimate mail falsely (users may express frustration at unwanted mail that is not[/b] blocked, but wait until you see them fume about wanted mail that is blocked!)

ISPs are not responsible for spam, but have been known to take very strong stances against it as a means of social responsibility. Most ISPs now offer spam filtering on their mail servers, and use ORBS/RBL lists to block known spamming IPs.

Your assertion, frankly, is bunk, and is indicative of the attitude that "the big guy" should take responsibility for any inconvenience I experience, rather than taking personal strides to deal with the issue yourself. Install a spam blocker (PM me for recommendations), put some time and effort into creating a whitelist/blacklist, and you will see your spam drop to 0 within weeks. If everyone did this, spam would no longer be lucrative to the spammer. Once the expected gain is gone, and the fear of penalty is evident (such as the one above), spam will stop.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone here seems to hate spammers, lol.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
neologist said:
I actually like the stuff. Does that make me weird? :cheeky:

very very weird!
it tastes like dead rotting flesh in a can!
Of course I just described what it really is, but there are better tasting variations of it.
Spam tastes bad!

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
very very weird!
it tastes like dead rotting flesh in a can!
Of course I just described what it really is, but there are better tasting variations of it.
Spam tastes bad!
So I AM weird; I knew it. :-( :blush: Oh well. Life goes on. :party:

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of a previous AOL spammer case in which the spammer who made over a millon from spamming aol's customers had to give up his Porsche and than aim gave it away in a drawing of some sort .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom