Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A list of available .CN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:laugh: –some kinda restless animal anyway.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole:
Hey, alia, are you going to register any Chinese MULTS?
No, I believe it won't work for any 2-byte language.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

Good take: gan and gaijing are very Chinese; but o and soto are a bit more Japanese, I'd say. LOL! :D

What kind of Chinese language you refer to gan and gaijing?

:confused:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by yesonline

What kind of Chinese language you refer to gan and gaijing?

:confused:
I thought there was only one Chinese language after all. When I said they are "very Chinese", I mean they look Chinese; and isn't it that gan, gai and jing are all Chinese words? Of course, you'll have to be familiar with Hanyu Pinyin in the first place. :D

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All those names just listed : valueless in my opinion. Too long, too hard to spell.

M

mole

Too dotcomish sounding to me too. Most of the best names were already grandfathered.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave,

For your info there are two main Chinese languages, Mandarin(Putonghua) and Cantonese, but about 1500 dialects

Mandarin tends to be written in simplified Chinese whereas Cantonese tend to use Big5.

ALL China related domain names, .com.cn and .cn are in english characters, smart people aren't they!

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotus:
For your info there are two main Chinese languages, Mandarin(Putonghua) and Cantonese, but about 1500 dialects.
Cantonese and Hokkien are all popular spoken dialects outside mainland China, but if you are talking about the written Chinese, there is only Mandarin.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW, is this any good? CSL.cn –Chinese as the second language. LOL

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotus
Nameslave,

For your info there are two main Chinese languages, Mandarin(Putonghua) and Cantonese, but about 1500 dialects

Mandarin tends to be written in simplified Chinese whereas Cantonese tend to use Big5.
dotus:

Oh, I almost forgot that your wife is Chinese, right? But haven't I mentioned to you before that my PARENTS are Chinese, too! LOL! Since I'm proudly Canadian, I don't wear that "Chinese badge" a lot; but the truth is: I can read, write, speak and understand Chinese (both Putonghua/Mandarin and Cantonese) fairly well.

Even though Cantonese is widely used in Hong Kong (where I was born and you now live) and the southern province of Guangdong, it's still a dialect and has no comparison to Putonghua which is the official Chinese language. Hokkien, on the other hand, is the dialect of the Fujian province which is adjacent to Taiwan (where alia and yesonline live) and therefore widely spoken by native Taiwanese.

As for the written language. Simplified Chinese has been in place since 1949 when the Communist Party took over while Traditional Chinese is still widely used in Hong Kong and Taiwan. However, they are just slightly different and most Chinese with good classical training should have no difficulty understanding (since many Simplified Chinese characters find their roots in archaic calligraphic styles). By the way, GB and Big5 are only character coding for computers.

Okay, class dismissed. :D

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well done then, the only question left is that, why don't you get some nice .cn's, nameslave? :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
M

mole

Yeah, it was not a real LL, but a compromised launched on which all the best (per speculator definitions) .cn had been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom