Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A nice idea.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since the forum is rapidly growing due to all the promotion, I have noticed a few 'Ebayers' lurking around. You know the type...crappy domains that they think are worth millions, looking to rip off whoever they can. (this isn't aimed at anyone in particular)

I feel that there is a need to have a user rating system. You know, when somebody buys a domain, and all goes thru ok, the buyer and seller could each get positive feedback, or a star, or a point or something.

It is almost a 100% guarantee that you will get a legit deal from the older members here. In fact, I always look at the member's post count and join date.

I have never had a bad deal here...not even once! I hope I can keep it that way :-D

Just a thought. Anybody else agree/disagree?

Upvote 0

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's a good idea too. A rating system is just good way to know whether people are serious or not. This would also be positive for the newer members, because by looking at the user's rating the other members would know if he/she is a professional domainer also if he just joined the forum. People will not only look at the other's join dates I think.
Great idea NetProwler! I think ******** already has such a system, doesn't it?

// Edit: Oh, the other forum's name is on the censore list. :-# Cool :eek:k:

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input dodo. We are thinking alike ;0)

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think its a good idea also, then you know if you can trust the person selling / buying a domain or site, i think that system would put off people who are doing dodgey dealings also

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont we have this already with the dnforum auctions?

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ClassicNames.com said:
Dont we have this already with the dnforum auctions?

dunno, but doesn't really matter unless you are planning on auctioning off everything all the time. I for one don't really care for using the auction system.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok... Maybe the user rating system should be included below everyones Avatar somehow. This would be a start.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, that would be cool. I for one, am very proud of most of the deals I do here. I am sure there are a lot of members that would have huge ratings. I think it would help give us older members some respect and pride.

domainfaith.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wonderful idea!!!
I hope the admins will read this thread....

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Member ratings can be abused. With ebay, you can only give feedback for those you've had transactions with. With the vb rating system, you can give anyone a rating. For this reason it is disabled.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Member ratings can be abused. With ebay, you can only give feedback for those you've had transactions with. With the vb rating system, you can give anyone a rating. For this reason it is disabled.

It sounds like DNforum needs to customize the script in order to fit the needs of what the members are requesting.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easily manipulated. I do my own research in determining people's legitimacy. Post count is not a big factor (go to GFY, and some of the top people have the fewest posts, whereas a lot of the jokers have thousands of posts).

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if that's not a possibility, maybe a special feedback section? There has to be something.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:
Easily manipulated. I do my own research in determining people's legitimacy. Post count is not a big factor (go to GFY, and some of the top people have the fewest posts, whereas a lot of the jokers have thousands of posts).
Sounds Juicy :-D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have used the auction system a couple of times however nto once received feedback - maybe an easier to use system can be used.

fyi - look for a 'karma' mod.

for posting a useful post, you get + karma.
for posting a spam/pointless post, you get - karma.
(this can also be extended to actions)

displaying a comment for each positive and negative karma means that people doing their research can look for legitimate reasons for karma etc.

theres always the idea of putting such ideas in a 'testing phase'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom