Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ABout 5/day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ooooooh. ;)

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right did I miss something? :)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. ACCEPTANCE
By using the Products and Services, you are agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions and any other posted guidelines or rules applicable to any individual Lycos Network web site, Product or Service. All such guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.

2. CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Use of the Products and Services is subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge and agree that Lycos may terminate your access to the Lycos Network or to any of the Products and Services should you fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions or any other guidelines and rules published by Lycos. Any such termination shall be in Lycos' sole discretion and may occur without prior notice, or any notice. Lycos further reserves the right to terminate any user's access to the Lycos Network or to any of the Products and Services for any conduct that Lycos, in its sole discretion, believes is or may be directly or indirectly harmful to other users, to Lycos or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or business contractors, or to other third parties, or for any conduct that violates any local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations. Lycos further reserves the right to terminate any user's access to the Lycos Network or to any of the Products and Services for any reason or for no reason at all, in Lycos' sole discretion, without prior notice, or any notice.

In order to use the Products and Services, users must have access to the World Wide Web and must navigate the Internet to http://www.lycos.com/ or another of the URLs associated with the Lycos Network. Be aware that the majority of the Lycos Network is for general audiences, although there are certain areas on the Lycos Network that contain adult or mature content and different areas where content is specifically created for children under 13 years of age. Where there is mature or adult content, individuals who are less than 18 years of age or are not permitted to access such content under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction may not access such content. There are also other (mainly commerce-related) areas of the Lycos Network not open to persons under 18 years of age. With respect to general audience content, if Lycos learns that anyone under the age of 13 has accessed the Products and Services, Lycos will require verified parental consent, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). Certain areas of the Lycos Network, however, may not be available to children under 13 under any circumstances.

Lycos does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.

Oooh = Because your first post was incomplete. So I responded to original line, "I have a software that could do the same thing as DR. Speed-wise we'll have to see, but dare say it could at least meet up and probably beat it".

DR does NOT get anyone banned from any search engine/directory. PERIOD.

Last time I checked, Omni, Lycos did not have anything about
sending automated queries to their server.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to show me which part of
their terms of use policy states that it is illegal to send
automated queries and I'll gladly replace Lycos with
another search engine that does allow them.

The market is open to new ideas. If you have something which
is much better or much different than my product, then market it :)

If you have something that "does the same thing" then it will
be kinda tough since there is a lot of competition popping up
all over the place.

Thanks,
Luc L.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Incomplete because it is being tested, will be offered with the other software. I NEVER said dr get anyone banned. With regards to new ideas and products, it is in the making ;)

Tell me what you think of what this link http://www.lycos.com/lycosinc/legal_terms.html tells us. See the part where it saids

Prohibited Conduct

You agree that you will not use Lycos Network Products and Services to:

p. Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, or the like to download data from any Lycos Network database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom