Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

About a domain I just purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John is doing what lawyers are paid to do. Explore the possible problems, many of which the poster is not even aware of, in a given situation. This is great information, and I appreciate it. Pay attention, and you could learn to see situations from a lawyer's perspective.

"Law school sharpens the mind by narrowing it..."

Dave

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This forum is lucky to have an attorney of John Berryhill's caliber and experience taking his valuable time to offer free advice. John is one of a small group of sharp attorneys solidly on the side of the domain registrant. But, as John's candid views make clear, being on the side of the domain owner does NOT mean simply always giving the nice answers you want to hear.

As far as the "uni" comments are concerned, his initial response was simply misunderstood. He answered a simple question but by no means meant that a domain name containing "uni" would infringe on Unisys.

John should be respected for telling it like it is. Ignore his advice at your peril because if you don't like what John friend-of-the-registrant Berryhill has to say, it going to sound a lot more snobbish and cost you a lot more headache and coin when it comes in the form of a cease and desist letter.

S

Silverwire

The generous attorneys who post here are doing us a great favor: free legal information (even if it's supposed to be general and not “advice”, it's often enough to make important business decisions).

I’ve learned important and useful things in this legal issues part of DNforum in the past couple months that I haven't come across on any other domain related sites.

If you think that these gracious lawyers are snobs, I believe you misunderstand them. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You'll get some sarcasm and patronizing from your best-intended friends and relatives too.

It’s almost enough to make me stop telling lawyer jokes…..
naahhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom