Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

question about SEO and 1st page of Google

This is a general or domain name related question.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
a local company from my area trades as Homes.com, and if you search "homes" on Google it comes first. Now here's my question, if you search "birthday" it's not until about the 4th page that a domain shows up with the keyword "birthday" and that's BirthdayMessages.net. So where am i going with this?......i happen to own the domain Birthday.xxxx that I'm looking to either develop or sell. So if I were to develop it whereby it could create considerable traffic, might it come up first on Google? Serious question seeking only serious replies. Note that Birthday.com doesn't show up because it's NOT developed, and it's only just "for sale".

Domain summit 2024

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
from your site; "thousands of people from Malaga will find your website, or if you prefer, we could also attract customers from the rest of Spain." ????

fyi.....(.)LINK is now headquartered in Malta, and it's new GM happens to be from Granada. I own approximately 1,500 .link domains that I've registered in the last 120 days with a plan for how to sell them to "end users". Here's my Linkedin bio if you would like to learn a little more about me;

Thanks for reaching out👍

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Soif I were to develop it whereby it could create considerable traffic, might it come up first on Google?
Serious question seeking only serious replies.

Hi

seriously, if... one puts in the work, anything is possible.

but ranking for your domain is dependent on which keywords are used in the search, by the potential visitor when using goog.

that's where content comes into play, which should be geared toward the audiences you want to capture.
for sure you want to mention birthday within the context, but also all the long-tails down the line from cards to cakes.

back in 2010 i put up mini site for a domain and it went to 1st page on google then on yahoo
earned about $72 from adsense before it dropped to invisible :)

today, competition is so much higher for coveted space, as a lot of it has to do with google being the dominant search engine.
where before it was yahoo who was paying us all that ppc money

also, with so many extensions battling for same keywords, that makes the hurdle a little higher when a new website that has similar content, subject, product or service comes online

if you do the search for your domain, then you could view the results as your competition and that method could be applied for every related keyword you want to add on your site.
but i guess gkwt could help with that too.

i still use yahoo more than google, just because,
but if developing try to get some rank in all of them

imo...

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should watch good SEO resources such as Ahrefs YT channel Richard.

jonashanelin

Reaction score
Yes! If you want to rank your website at page one of Google, then you have to do strongly On Page and Off Page SEO. Gradually it improve your website's domain authority and will boost your keywords in SERPs.

pixelsolutionz

Reaction score
  1. Create a keyword strategy to target terms your target customers are searching.
  2. Incorporate the keywords into your website content as well as HTML tags.
  3. Write for humans (not search engines).
  4. Target location-based searches.
  5. Optimize for mobile.
  6. Focus on user experience.

LarryHampton

Reaction score
When it comes to keywords like "birthday," things can get a bit trickier. It sounds like you've got a solid domain with Birthday.xxxx, and developing it with quality content could definitely improve its visibility. Creating engaging content that attracts traffic is key, and optimizing your site for relevant keywords can help push it up in the rankings.
And hey, if you're looking to take your SEO game to the next level, I recently stumbled upon some SEO services that could be super helpful: https://www.upwork.com/services/product/marketing-e-commerce-seo-expert-audit-1750088581839781888. They might have some insights and strategies to help get your domain to that coveted first page.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom