Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

above.com anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What can you guys tell me about above.,com?

What are they like? do they just use all your parking accounts and figure out where pays best for your traffic? Do they have their own parking platform?

-=DCG=-

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What can you guys tell me about above.,com?

What are they like? do they just use all your parking accounts and figure out where pays best for your traffic? Do they have their own parking platform?

-=DCG=-

I've seen them in many occasions but never bother to try them.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them before...so I'm interested in this info as well.

:yo:

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Above offers a nice service that lets you view all of your stats thru their domain management control panel. You can also use the above.com cp to control (switch) domains from one parking site to another. Above.com does have their own parking platform as well which I know very little about. I wrote a blog post about their services not too long ago..

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their system send the traffic where it pays the most. I know a bunch of people using their system and the revenue has increase around 10%-15%, which is not bad. The system seems to be popular, as they already have over 1 million domains on it.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every large portfolio I know is using them already. Increased my revenue ore than 10%, as SNicksnack said - they send traffic where it makes most and watch it, if some doamin gets banend they automatically start sending the traffic elsewhere. They also have own selling channel which works like one additional parking. First they optimize where the domain makes most then if they are able to pay more, they send the traffic elsewhere (affiliate and stuff), that makes nice chunk of the increase.

And I had my domains tested and kept whichever parking it made most, I can imagine someone who was using only one parking company might see increase 25-30%.

Above is imho the best invention in domains since 2004.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, was already invented and called iMonetize. Just didn't work as fluently and well. Then a few other programs came on board that did the same thing, including ComWired and others.

So this is not much of an invention, just a major enhancement. :)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, was already invented and called iMonetize.
No Imonetize was something else - imonetize was using THEIR accounts, so in the end all your domains has been lsited in someone else account. Also they were not testing real-time one hit here, one hit there, they were testing like one week here one week there if I recall correctly. And it never really worked.

Above has also registrar so you can communicate some good prices with them and use money from their channel for registering domains. And the stats are great and whenever you think of some feature you tell them they will add it

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I moved all my domains to them using Parked, Bodis, Sedo and NameDrive, applied to others waiting on responses, too early to tell, but will post soon.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use it too
and it performs better and better. maximizer gives extra cash

Dont to the mistakes I made.
1). Don`t use totally new parking accounts. - Add the ones you have, or at least import stats. You can disable the accounts later. etc..
2). I did not tell them right away to enable the maximizer. Do it right away

other then that works great

Last edited:

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do I need to have tested the names with all those parking companies before i use above.com service? for example i have 100 names and most of them are with DS and BigJumbo and there are many names which i have never parked at ND and Sedo. So i do not have any base stats from sedo and ND for these names. What do you suggest in this case?
thanks for the responses in advance

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do I need to have tested the names with all those parking companies before i use above.com service? for example i have 100 names and most of them are with DS and BigJumbo and there are many names which i have never parked at ND and Sedo. So i do not have any base stats from sedo and ND for these names. What do you suggest in this case?
thanks for the responses in advance

no you don´t need, system will test them out, I think would be better if you have at least one parking company stats.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, was already invented and called iMonetize. Just didn't work as fluently and well. Then a few other programs came on board that did the same thing, including ComWired and others.

So this is not much of an invention, just a major enhancement. :)

comwired is a dns system for geotargeting / splitting traffic, it does not pull stats from the parking companies. I think if you combine comwired and above you might even increase your revenue a bit more.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do I have to add my domains to all of the parking companies, ie. Sedo, Parked, NameDrive, Bodis, etc. ?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shit, looks like I have alot of work ahead of me lol :smokin:

Too much damn traffic!

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shit, looks like I have alot of work ahead of me lol :smokin:

Too much damn traffic!

That's what I thought, it's better to play Tour of Duty in xbox online. Who's with me?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do I need to have tested the names with all those parking companies before i use above.com service? for example i have 100 names and most of them are with DS and BigJumbo and there are many names which i have never parked at ND and Sedo.
The system picks up from the stats where the domain was before. Then it starts to test with 5% of the traffic all other parkings. If you use new parking accounts it will have no historical stats so it will do as if the domain were new.
Do I have to add my domains to all of the parking companies, ie. Sedo, Parked, NameDrive, Bodis, etc. ?
Not if you got URL code redirect. Domainsponsor has it for everyone, Parked I think too, Skenzo, Namedrive you need to ask them for UID. Sedo has it only for registrars accounts, so Sedo you have to add domains manually. Don't know other parkings but generally if parking offers redirection url like parking.com/?domain=domain.com&UNiqueID=12345 the domain does not neet to be added

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom