Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

above.com anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The system picks up from the stats where the domain was before. Then it starts to test with 5% of the traffic all other parkings. If you use new parking accounts it will have no historical stats so it will do as if the domain were new.

Not if you got URL code redirect. Domainsponsor has it for everyone, Parked I think too, Skenzo, Namedrive you need to ask them for UID. Sedo has it only for registrars accounts, so Sedo you have to add domains manually. Don't know other parkings but generally if parking offers redirection url like parking.com/?domain=domain.com&UNiqueID=12345 the domain does not neet to be added

Sigh, lol, I moved all my DNS to ns1.above.com ~ got to change them.

Thanks for the info!

Wait, I don't get it, lol. Do I url forward to Above.com or ??? Sorry, lost with this one.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sigh, lol, I moved all my DNS to ns1.above.com ~ got to change them.

Thanks for the info!

Wait, I don't get it, lol. Do I url forward to Above.com or ??? Sorry, lost with this one.
You must in Above first
Add parking accounts - "Manage accounts/Add account" - you add there username, password and "redirect URL" for each parking account you want to use in the mix there.

Now either you use URL with your account unique identifier like
http://searchportal.information.com/?o_id=12345&domainname=$D

Or general url like
sedo.com/$d
namedrive.com/$d

In case you using general url you need the domain to be added into your parking. I would not use a parking which has no unique identifier and has to add domains manually, too much hassle.

Add domains into Above - "Add". The system when starting usualy grabs stats and ad doamins into your Above account automatically, but I would do it still rather manually for possible conflicts.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who owns this company or who any of the players are behind this site?

just curious...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who owns this company or who any of the players are behind this site?

just curious...

Trellian - Warmuz brothers, Australia.
They have their own huge portfolio, they own also keyworddiscovery.com, some software companies (SEO, toolbar etc), services (SEO, engine submissions etc), they are definitely one of the larger players.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You must in Above first
Add parking accounts - "Manage accounts/Add account" - you add there username, password and "redirect URL" for each parking account you want to use in the mix there.

Now either you use URL with your account unique identifier like
http://searchportal.information.com/?o_id=12345&domainname=$D

Or general url like
sedo.com/$d
namedrive.com/$d

In case you using general url you need the domain to be added into your parking. I would not use a parking which has no unique identifier and has to add domains manually, too much hassle.

Add domains into Above - "Add". The system when starting usualy grabs stats and ad doamins into your Above account automatically, but I would do it still rather manually for possible conflicts.

Thanks Denny :eek:k:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trellian - Warmuz brothers, Australia.
They have their own huge portfolio, they own also keyworddiscovery.com, some software companies (SEO, toolbar etc), services (SEO, engine submissions etc), they are definitely one of the larger players.

Thanks Denny :yo:

Trellian

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denny
Yes thanks Denny.. if you ever want a job in our customer support dep, just let me know :)

Do I have to add my domains to all of the parking companies, ie. Sedo, Parked, NameDrive, Bodis, etc. ?

Yes it is advised that you add all your domains to all your different parking accounts that you wish to use and test.

Yes some parking co's have URL redirect solutions that automatically add domains to your account, but not all have this.

So yes it is very important to make sure to do this, to avoid revenues not being allocated correctly to your accounts.

Also best to follow the quick start guide located here:
www. above .com/quick-start-guide.html

(just remove the two spaces) the guide is detailed and should be followed carefully for optimal results.

Also please feel free to ask via the above contact form any setup questions directly..

Cheers
David

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Denny for the help, got everything setup today.

Trellian/David ~ Awesome site / Service.. Takes a huge amount of the work out of what is needed to find the right parking company. Very pleased with the ease... now for some results ;)

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, I was loading up domains to drive through the Above system, now I have to go back and remove the DNS change. I,m not trusting enough to provide a company, that I just became familiar with, the username and password to my Sedo, Parked And DS accounts.
Thats just to much info for me, sorry guys I,m out :(

Trellian

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Tedgeman,

Above is a Trellian.com service. A company you might be more familiar with, these are some of our services:
Addme.com
KeywordDiscovery.com
PrioritySubmit.com
SEOtoolkit.com
SubmitWolf.com
ToolbarBrowser.com
URLtrends.com

Trellian was established in Apr 1997, so have been around an eternity in Internet stakes.

Cheers
David

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Tedgeman,

Above is a Trellian.com service. A company you might be more familiar with, these are some of our services:
Addme.com
KeywordDiscovery.com
PrioritySubmit.com
SEOtoolkit.com
SubmitWolf.com
ToolbarBrowser.com
URLtrends.com

Trellian was established in Apr 1997, so have been around an eternity in Internet stakes.

Cheers
David

Sounds good but I would also feel uncomfortable giving all my passwords to your firm. I dont even like the idea of a programmer I hire having my passwords.

Last edited:

Trellian

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Above.com service needs traffic and revenue information to base decisions on and to work out the best performing monetization strategy for each domain. So access to these stats are needed.

As far as logins, using the Above.com service requires your contact and banking details so there is nothing in the parking accounts that you would not provide to Above directly anyway.

Cheers
David

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
username and password to my Sedo, Parked And DS accounts
Just wondering how do you think they could possibly abuse it ?

Last edited:

DNportfolio

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was in the process of setting up my domains and accounts with Above, then got sidetracked. This thread has served as a nice reminder! Thanks to other posters too for your feedback on Above's service. I'll post my experience when I have some stats to share.

CMNB

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2noooy.gif

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using them since my OP in this thread, but I have to say, not really impressed. Was doing much better just parking with Sedo. But than again, the domains I park, really aren't that great even though again, they did much better just parked at Sedo. My offers on my domains have hit a brick wall as well, not really sure if it has anything to do with parking with above, but it's close.

Trellian

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Zurk,

Above is a serive that is ideal for larger domain portfolio owners or domainers that have reasonalbe traffic on their parked domains. The smaller the amount of traffic you have the less above.com is able to do for you, as the testing of domains that have little amounts of traffic on other parking services takes a lot longer and as a result also takes a lot longer to get the full optimization.

Regards
David

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why dont they start their own parking company

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom