Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Abusive Correspondance Regarding a Beach.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain: **********.com
Offer: USD 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Name: **********
E-mail: **********
Phone: **********
IP: **********
Comment: Hey greed bag... **** off and release the domain for its primary purpose. Get a ****in life and work for a living.. Scams reflect your personality - loser.. . Oh you are so cool to register the name first... Asshole... Do you honestly think that there is some rich millionaire in ********** that will buy this from you? Keep dreaming... In fact I am going to put an appeal into the rights of this name along with some fellow residents. You will no doubt lose your title to this name... Nice try though! Again... You are a real moron and should be ashamed of your pathetic boring loser lifestyle...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this punk has any connection to the town authorities or tourist office but the email came from somebody claiming to live in a beautiful seaside resort in Northern Portugal. It provided a few giggles at 6am this morning! There is no way I would do any business with this guy or anyone connected to him following such unjustified abuse. I am actually heading to Portugal in a couple of weeks so will be sure to crank out a mini site while I am out there. No rest for the wicked... Meanwhile, would like some tips formulating a reply. How does this sound?

--------------------------------

Thank you for your correspondence regarding this domain. I do not know how old you are but my Portuguese family has a long history of making their summer vacations in ********** (early 1950s), certainly before the internet existed and quite possibly before you were even born. Accordingly the name ********** is a geographic term and is not the exclusive property of any party. I also wish to state that intrusive, abusive and slanderous emails will not be responded to in the future and legal proceedings will be enacted should such abuse continue.

Best Regards,

--------------------------------

Of course in this case it would be a waste of time and resources, but is it possible to take legal action against somebody who sends you several abusive emails implying involvement in scams? Surely this is slander...
Anyhow this domain will be developed within weeks and will contain comprehensive info by summer. Also I am sure the UDRP will take a very dim view of the abuse.

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

Hal

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you should just move on and get over it.

Also ask the mods to edit the title, it is misleading and may open you up to a lawsuit (from Beach.com) more than the person you are complaining about.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
waste of time

T

tekz999

i have h4x0r3d j00 thread and cracked the name to be ... nevermind -.-

Hal

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Also ask the mods to edit the title, it is misleading and may open you up to a lawsuit (from Beach.com) more than the person you are complaining about.

Will PM a mod about that.

There have been cases when geo domains have been prised away after UDRP rulings. This domain has special meaning to me and I want to avoid that.

i have h4x0r3d j00 thread...

I must have been half asleep. Nice powers of deduction though. :)

Thanks for that.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell him to go f#$% himself

and don't lose any sleep over it. Anyone who writes sh!t like that isn't smart enough to do anything legal in nature.

Hal

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
waste of time

Btw, I don't care about sueing anybody because of being called a moron or greedy. That would be a waste of time indeed.

However I own lots of geo domains, many with traffic, and have received threats sometimes even from tourist boards etc. I just want to discourage this behaviour and keep my domains.

I am sure there must be other geo-domainers who have had or may have similar problems.

Tell him to go f#$% himself

and don't lose any sleep over it. Anyone who writes sh!t like that isn't smart enough to do anything legal in nature.

Yes you are right GT. It seems he wants to band the residents together, lol. I will build a nice site promoting their little town and that will be the end of the matter. Even with a parking page, I am perfectly entitled to own the domain.

Btw, the Northern part of Portugal has wonderful beaches and many fishing villages as well as mountains. Forget the Algarve. :)

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Agreed. But keep that email if you still have it.

(Off-topic: thank you, John B, for giving that valuable tip last year. That has
helped me tremendously when a similar situation cropped up.)

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol what a sales thread eh? i wonder what how many sales he would get this way :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why are you squatting on a beach domain anyways? lol

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been slammed pretty good too but this one takes the cake. Since I joke often I would ask them for help and tell them your a domain addict with no power to stop on your own and you might even purchase their mothers name if it still available. Ok, that's just me, maybe you don't want to incite a riot... LOL. Cheers,

Acro

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd go ahead and accept this offer. 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 is a lot of money for a beach domain. I honestly don't think you'll get a better offer for it anytime soon.

;)

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best way to handle it and go to your email applications and block the email address. lol, it was kind of funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom