Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Accept a transfer out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where does one go about clicking on accept to transfer out a domain without waiting the 5 days?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get around that

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD, Fabulous, and others have in in the control panel to accept a transfer. I don't see wht Moniker wouldn't have something like this b/c they don't even send transfer status emails when transferring out. Only when you transfer names in you receive the emails.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where does one go about clicking on accept to transfer out a domain without waiting the 5 days?

jdk - the email with the EPP code is sent to you/via email to the email address on file shortly after you request the name to be transferred out. Once you recieve the EPP code, it's off to the registrar with it.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk - the email with the EPP code is sent to you/via email to the email address on file shortly after you request the name to be transferred out. Once you recieve the EPP code, it's off to the registrar with it.

I understand that. I received the EPP code for this particular name and I went to the other registrar where it needed to be moved and initiated the transfer. It says it is waiting for the losing registrar to accept the transfer otherwise it will take the 5 days. I do not see anywhere in Moniker's control panel where I can go to click ACCEPT to authorize the transfer out sooner instead of having to wait the 5 days.

For example, say I am transferring a name TO Moniker. I go to Moniker with the EPP code, I go into my losing registrar and click APPROVE to approve the transfer TO Moniker. Moniker has the domain in my account the following day. HOWEVER, when moving AWAY from Moniker, there is no option to speed up the process that I can find?? Is there? Thanks

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand that. I received the EPP code for this particular name and I went to the other registrar where it needed to be moved and initiated the transfer. It says it is waiting for the losing registrar to accept the transfer otherwise it will take the 5 days. I do not see anywhere in Moniker's control panel where I can go to click ACCEPT to authorize the transfer out sooner instead of having to wait the 5 days.

For example, say I am transferring a name TO Moniker. I go to Moniker with the EPP code, I go into my losing registrar and click APPROVE to approve the transfer TO Moniker. Moniker has the domain in my account the following day. HOWEVER, when moving AWAY from Moniker, there is no option to speed up the process that I can find?? Is there? Thanks

Sorry..unfortunately, there is no way to speed up the process.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you find it on Moniker, please post.

It is easy on GD.

Yes, GD, Fabulous and a few others, it is under pending transfers and you can either Accept or Deny it. Most registrars have added this option instead of holding domains hostage for the 5 days. I didn't know it was possible with Moniker as it appears you have to wait it out.

Thanks Not a big deal. It's not like it needs to be done all the time.

Last edited:

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Perhaps something you should implement - lots of other registrars has such a feature.
This weekend I initiated transfers out of a number of domains from both Moniker and eNom to another registrar. eNom sent an "accept transfer" email, so those names already are transferred and in the new registrar, while the Moniker names will take until Friday or so...

But perhaps you should wait implementing such until you have fixed your issues in the sales process, not giving the name to the buyer until he has really paid... not that it helped in my case, though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I love GoDaddy's explicit authorization feature; you can move a domain away in hours. Of course they have that 60 day lockdown for *every* damn update one makes.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying JDK, I've been screaming this for years. ALL registrars have the capability of releasing a domain name early, they just choose not to integrate the feature into an email or control panel. I applaud the registrars that do though, it makes life much easier.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps something you should implement - lots of other registrars has such a feature.
This weekend I initiated transfers out of a number of domains from both Moniker and eNom to another registrar. eNom sent an "accept transfer" email, so those names already are transferred and in the new registrar, while the Moniker names will take until Friday or so...

But perhaps you should wait implementing such until you have fixed your issues in the sales process, not giving the name to the buyer until he has really paid... not that it helped in my case, though.

Hey gorlov - We (me/Monte) totally took care of your issue and everything was resolved - why would you throw us/Moniker under the bus like that? :upset:

When someone wants to transfer a name out of Moniker, we never ever block it. All they need to is follow the proper procedure and the EPP code is immediately emailed to the email address on file. There's no delay - EVER.

EVERY registrar has issues - and noone/nothing is perfect yet Moniker (STILL) has never lost a domain name, had their systems hacked or had a name stolen!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey gorlov - We (me/Monte) totally took care of your issue and everything was resolved - why would you throw us/Moniker under the bus like that? :upset:

When someone wants to transfer a name out of Moniker, we never ever block it. All they need to is follow the proper procedure and the EPP code is immediately emailed to the email address on file. There's no delay - EVER.

EVERY registrar has issues - and noone/nothing is perfect yet Moniker (STILL) has never lost a domain name, had their systems hacked or had a name stolen!

We realize that you guys don't "block" the name, but you really don't do anything to assist in the transfer neither. I think you're missing the point. It is possible to let us release our domain names, not necessarily because we are transferring all of our names out of Moniker, but because it is much easier when you sell a name and you're using escrow to have the ability to release the domain name so that escrow will release payment, rather than waiting the 5-7 days. I don't think gorlov was throwing you under the bus, I think he was just making a suggestion.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We realize that you guys don't "block" the name, but you really don't do anything to assist in the transfer neither. I think you're missing the point. It is possible to let us release our domain names, not necessarily because we are transferring all of our names out of Moniker, but because it is much easier when you sell a name and you're using escrow to have the ability to release the domain name so that escrow will release payment, rather than waiting the 5-7 days. I don't think gorlov was throwing you under the bus, I think he was just making a suggestion.

Rockefeller

What do you mean assist in the transfer? When someone requests a transfer out – they unlock the name and the EPP code is emailed to them. At that point, Moniker’s “job” is done. There’s nothing to assist with.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're right, technically Moniker's job is done, but Moniker has the capability to release the domain name to the gaining registrar, which is what I meant by "assisting" the transfer.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're right, technically Moniker's job is done, but Moniker has the capability to release the domain name to the gaining registrar, which is what I meant by "assisting" the transfer.

Rockefeller - Yes, we do have the capability to release the domain name to the gaining registrar quicker however it's done on a case by case basis and requires management approval.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bari, that's exactly what we're saying...you have the capability, you just don't integrate that capability into our CP or in an email, as most registrars do.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 5 day wait always bothered me too. Sometimes it went beyond 5 days and sometimes slightly before but generally always 5.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I was just making a suggestion that you should implement the same feature as most other major registrars have, and pointing out that even that delay you are forcing now wasn't enough in the case of my domain, since your sales process was flawed.

Regarding the rest - well "taken care of", and "never had a domain stolen" is a matter of definition. My name still isn't returned to me, and it *was* stolen. That it's now in a legal process to get returned to me proves exactly that - and it's no thanks to Moniker that the issue was caught in time to make it possible at all to recover it. (Although I don't believe it is until I have the domain under my control again.) If I hadn't screamed bloody hell nothing would have happened, since you didn't realize anything was wrong.
But I've given up trying to argue about your corporate quality and security culture, since that is like Don Quixote fighting with windmills, and only comment that here since you asked.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Rockefeller - Yes, we do have the capability to release the domain name to the gaining registrar quicker however it's done on a case by case basis and requires management approval.

I have a pending transfer out to Fabulous, could I please PM you my account and you can authorize it? It's simple. I don't use Moniker as I consolidate my domains elsewhere. I've used Moniker for Escrow - great results. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom