Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Account suspend 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let me try to understand your demented way of thinking :loco: You believe that if other good Samaritans like yourself, click on advertisers links, it will suspend the domain owners account for click fraud, and you can abolish these search pages, which have nothing but unimportant advertisements, is that it? I suggest you contact Vertical Axis and Name Administration and explain this groundbreaking idea to them, they might put you on there team, or perhaps somewhere else :rip:

If this isnt reason enough for mandatory IQ tests and age verification on this Forum, I dont what is. either we have a :der: or a :baby:

I think I am in love.

Eva, will you marry me?

:roll:

peterk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Eva,

You are correct, it is click fraud if you are doing it to increase revenue for others without the intention of purchasing, although some sites do ask you to support their sponsers, and in my first post when i started to write, i was intending sponsor links and got side tracked to ppc links which to me both sort of links a similar from an advertisers point of view. The problem is you cant stop it. The honest will be assumed guitly. I am not the only person who thinks like this in the world.

I believe the solution of ppc sites should be on a commision based on sales generated from the links clicked. That would eliminate fraud altogether.

I do not believe this is a hard solution to implement. But i guess PPC site providers know they can earn more from advertisers by using the ppc method. And you might say.. well what if a user finds a site from a link book marks the site, then re-visits the site after 3 days and makes a purchase?(this can be tracked by cookies and by users ip address to a certain extent), And then you will have the other issue of honesty of advertisers..

Good thinking from a moron huh?

And to eliminate the competion all anyone has to do is find a competitors site, use a public proxy and click on their competitors links until their account gets banned. This way the honest people get their account suspended and assumed guilty without doing anything wrong at all.

Its an opinion that i have thought about, and i am not a theif or a fraudster.
I am sure if i have thought these things there are many others who have as well.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear Eva,

You are correct, it is click fraud if you are doing it to increase revenue for others without the intention of purchasing, although some sites do ask you to support their sponsers

Yes, we have all seen sites that ask you to support them by visiting their sponsored links, these sites for the most part have one objective in mind, to MAKE MONEY, are you committing click fraud by clicking on these links? My answer is Yes, if your doing it without any interest for the sponsored link.

If a sponsored link doesnt appeal to me, or I'm not interested, I WONT CLICK on it, period, that was before I even knew about PPC and that is now, if a site asks you to send a chain letter to 10 people to support there web site, would you do that too? When you see a link, think of the advertiser first, and not how you or others will benefit from it. By stating you clicked on 5 links along with your good samaritan theory, you deserved what you got.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thing Eva has recently arrived on his/her high horse. Eva, your name calling is absolutely immature and innapropriate. You can state your position on a subject without calling names.

LucidPhoenix, NEVER fall in love over the internet! You don't know what your talking to.

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Eva,

I believe the solution of ppc sites should be on a commision based on sales generated from the links clicked. That would eliminate fraud altogether.

I do not believe this is a hard solution to implement. But i guess PPC site providers know they can earn more from advertisers by using the ppc method. And you might say.. well what if a user finds a site from a link book marks the site, then re-visits the site after 3 days and makes a purchase?(this can be tracked by cookies and by users ip address to a certain extent), And then you will have the other issue of honesty of advertisers..

Good thinking from a moron huh?

What a great idea. Expect a job offer from Yahoo and/or Google any day!! Imagine a system of paying a commission? How revolutionary!!

You my friend are about to be very wealthy!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to make one comment about CPA, Google is already testing this from my understanding. And I think Domain Sponsor has this as well. This is something that started in the adult business, and then amazon turned it into gold. There are some good things with CPA and some bad things. Personally, I have talked to some companies in the past about this especially for partners that were not converting well on PPC, I thought it would be a great idea to switch them to CPA and that way they would only get paid when a conversion happened.

Nobody liked the idea. So I'll keep it to myself and wait for the day, when I implement it.

Donny

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, CPA is right for some companies and products, and PPC is right for some companies and products. Certainly you can't expect a click on a car advertisement to lead to a conversion. Overall, most ppc advertisers are getting good value for their money.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thing Eva has recently arrived on his/her high horse. Eva, your name calling is absolutely immature and innapropriate. You can state your position on a subject without calling names.

LucidPhoenix, NEVER fall in love over the internet! You don't know what your talking to.

No, what's inappropriate is condoning click fraud. Eva is 100% right...what's at stake is the very heart of our industry and we shouldn't defend people who think its a good idea to click a few links just help the website's owner out.

So Eva, you want to click 10 links on my site and I'll click 10 links on your site? Sounds like a great idea doesn't it... :shy:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overall, most ppc advertisers are getting good value for their money.

Honestly, I think this is becoming less and less the case. Sign up for an Adwords account, set it so your ads are only showing on Google's content network and see how many signups/conversions you get. When you see people selling click bots every day on Ebay that are marketed specifically to cheat the Google Adsense program, it becomes pretty clear many PPC advertisers are certainly not getting decent bang from their PPC buck.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say that I do know of somebody who bought a car through a PPC site. He sent us a letter about the process last week. At first I thought it was some type of spam, but he said that he went to one of the historical car domains one of our partners was parking and it ended up buying some 1960+ corvette online. I then checked to see how much the advertiser paid for the click, $0.39. A 60k purchase for $0.39. Nice return on investment.

Donny

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say that I do know of somebody who bought a car through a PPC site. He sent us a letter about the process last week. At first I thought it was some type of spam, but he said that he went to one of the historical car domains one of our partners was parking and it ended up buying some 1960+ corvette online. I then checked to see how much the advertiser paid for the click, $0.39. A 60k purchase for $0.39. Nice return on investment.

Donny

And the advertiser of that website track that if there are 200 clicks to his website, each worth $0.39 , and doesnt generate a lead . Then he have the right to complaint yahoo/google to charge his money back ?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the advertiser of that website track that if there are 200 clicks to his website, each worth $0.39 , and doesnt generate a lead . Then he have the right to complaint yahoo/google to charge his money back ?

You got it right. :))

Donny

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if everything converted to Pay Per conversion, then it would be the domainers complaining about lack of conversion and kicking advertisers off their websites. You would end up with certain products and companies that just couldn't advertise on the internet because no one would want their non-converting ads. You will always need a mix of click and conversion advertising available.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got it right. :))

Donny
200 clicks , each worth 0.39$ and guaranteed a lead of 60k or have the advertising money charge back .
I suggest we should stop selling our traffic , but signing up as a reseller and start advertising at yahoo overture ! They currently running a guaranteed profit plan there .

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No, what's inappropriate is condoning click fraud. Eva is 100% right...what's at stake is the very heart of our industry and we shouldn't defend people who think its a good idea to click a few links just help the website's owner out.

So Eva, you want to click 10 links on my site and I'll click 10 links on your site? Sounds like a great idea doesn't it... :shy:

Your right GT, I'm sure Duckinla and Peterk are already doing that, they look for ways to commit click fraud so they wont feel guilty about it, without any thought of the advertiser or all of us paying for it in the long run.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I've never been called a "Him" or a WHAT before, seems like you've been on the computer way too long.

Your defending a guy who is looking for ways to commit Click Fraud and fooling himself into thinking he's a Good samaritan, in my book that's a Moron, what is he to you? a hero?

wrdekle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When a program launch , Almost Asia have the tend to join first , cheat next , got banned , and last cry that the PO scammers . Most EU/US ppl have the tend to read the rules first , join next , trying to follow the rules and still earn some money .
Every field has its own rules , if you dont try to learn how to follow the rules , you plan your life a thief .

It's charming to be this racist. I'm surprised you didn't bundle Nigerian fraudsters into the equation too. IMO, accusations should require data to support them.

I'm not saying that there is no fraud coming from Asia, but I'd like to set a minimum bar of intelligent debate here based on fact rather than on someone's raving delusions about why some people in one part of the world are more ethical or moral than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom