Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Accurate WHOIS should be required for sales listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought it was already a rule here, but I don't see it in the FAQs, so it must have been at another forum.

The first clue in the vast majority of domainer scams and fraud is invalid WHOIS info.

I'm interested in a domain listed for sale on tyhis forum right now, but:

1) The domain is registered to a different country than the user selling it
2) The name / address is similar, but jumbled.
3) The email address is clearly bogus (as in [email protected] or something similar)

Even if the seller is honest with a good reputation here, the domain may have already been hijacked without his knowledge., In this case, I sent an email to the registered address to confirm is was for sale, and DID NOT receive a response.

My suggestion in to REQUIRE accurate whois data (not privacy protected either) on domains BEFORE they can be listed for sale.

FYI, a lot of registrars (especially eNom) can be slow about getting the update 'published'. But still -- this should be done BEFORE listing the domain for sale.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that would exclude just about every .ca domain. They are privacy protected by default by the registry to adhere to Canadian privacy laws. :eek:
Done, then.

We will ban all Canadian members.

I knew they could not be trusted. We deployed troops to the wrong border!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom