Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

AcroSpin.com > Three months in the development >> acronym and abbreviation generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www.acrospin.com - Acro Spin

OK I’m desperately seeking feedback and lots of it! I have only two more weeks to have faults/corrections amended before I have to pay for these changes.

A bit about the site…

AcroSpin.com is based on a complex script, it took two coders over three weeks to develop, totally custom made from the base up.

The idea originally came to me when I found myself spending hours preparing long lists of two and three character combinations to check to see if they were available for registration.

This tool prepares long lists of all possible combinations based on the information you enter into the form, you then simply copy and paste the results into a bulk domain checker such as the one at www.domains.com or www.register.com.

This tool is ideal for people who like registering two, three and four letter domains; it’s also very good for coming up with name suggestions. Say for example you wanted a name with the word ‘com’ at the front, enter ‘com’ in the first value box, and choose the length of the name by altering the number of values you wish to use. Press submit and results will be returned, all having the word ‘com’ at the front.

E.g. comaa, comab, comac and so on…

How it works…

As I said above the script is very complex and capable of doing many things. Eventually a brief tutorial on how to use the tool will be prepared. For now the best thing for you to do is have a play with the tool, and see for yourself what it can do.

Thanks
Rob
:rolleyes:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I'm a little confused about "choose the length of the name by altering the number of values you wish to use".

How might I generate a list of 3 letter .coms for example?

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK doc,

Value 1 = leave blank or enter character
Value 2 = leave blank or enter character
Value 3 = leave blank or enter character (click ‘use’ next to this value)

You will need to enter at least one character in one of the value boxes. For example you could enter ‘e’ in value two. This would result in a list of three char .com names with ‘e’ fixed in the sequence.

Choose ‘.com’ in advanced options. Or leave blank (you can search up-to 100 domains, with out extension at www.domains.com)

The rest is self-explanatory I feel, any problems just shout.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK I can see where you're going with this. Nice idea. I've played with it a bit, and got my answer to my previous post. Should probably add some FAQs on the site for dummys like myself.

Have you considered expanding the number of results to much higher than 100, to reduce the copy and pastes required of a long list?
Doc

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have Doc, the problem with that is the bulk domain checkers I know only allow up-to 100 domains to be checked at once (some only 30 hence the option to display 30-100 results).

Looking for loads more feedback from other members please.

Thanks
Rob

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello URL T. Nice Script!

By the way, Domains.com appears to be a dead link or is offline.

Best of Luck!
WebCat

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words WebCat,

Have you tried a few searches? I really feel if members get to know how to use the tool it would be a great advantage to them, it’s such a time saving tool. For instance I just ran a quick search, copy and pasted the result into the domains checker at www.register.com and found UKQ.info was still available, the whole process took only a few minutes.

I urge members to visit the site and get to know how to use it properly. Post any question and feedback here and I will answer promptly.

Thanks
Rob

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice tool, URL.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks CNO,

Thanks for your comment. Did you find the site easy to use?

I’m working on some popup tutorial type things at the moment, hopefully that will help people understand a little easier.

Thanks
Rob

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheers dotsorg,

What a kind gesture :-D . Nice graphic, I’m going to save a copy and possibly use it the future (not sure what for yet buy I’m sure something will come along)

I’m still working on a few things for the site, tutorial pop-ups, links to bulk domain checkers, possibly adding another advanced feature to allow the exclusion of certain letters from the search results. Its getting there, slowly!!

Thanks again
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom